Prologue

Oh, to live in a mansion and not have a single worry about finances. What a way to live, right?

As the little girl sat down on her usual spot in the huge library, she couldn't help but feel jealous of her less wealthy friends.

Money doesn't grow on trees, the little girl was very aware of that. It's something you have to work hard for, and work requires time. She thought that her parents were working a little too hard.

Perhaps it wouldn't have been that big of a problem if she didn't have three other siblings, but she did. And somehow she always seemed to be the least important one of them.

"Daddy, can you play with me?"

"Not right now, I'm with your brother."

"Mum, can you teach me how to knit?"

"Later darling, I have to help your brother with something."

Her mother kept her promises most of the time, but her father... he was a completely different story.

Was it because she was well-behaved? Because she never threw tantrums or begged for their parent's attention, like her brothers did?

What do I not have that my brothers do?

She closed her eyes, releasing a deep sigh. She knew why things were that way.

Her older brother was getting ready to go to Hogwarts, so their mother spent a lot of her time with him.

Her non-identical twin brother looked like a mini version of their father, which made him want to spend extra time with him to make sure he gets him to be like himself on the inside too.

Her younger brother was... Well, young. He needed attention pretty much all day.

And there she was, alone in the library. Because if you want to learn about something, it's best to ask the books, they can't tell you that they are busy with something else.

As she was staring at the book in her hands, she thought about what her father always said to her twin brother.

"Be cunning. Use any means to achieve your ends."

Even though she was never the one he told that to, she decided it was something she wanted to live by.