Chapter 28

"How was Potions?" Sage asked as Mia sat down next to her at the Ravenclaw table.

"I brewed a perfect Hiccoughing Solution," Mia said casually while helping herself to some soup. "How was – what did you have?"

"Care of Magical Creatures," Sage answered. "It was okay, we went into the Forest."

Mia grimaced. "They shouldn't take you in there, it's called the Forbidden Forest for a reason. Taking students in there... how careless. You could get hurt, who knows what's in there? I mean, besides what we know of..."

"Well, that's the point of the class, isn't it?" She shrugged. "To find out."

"It's called Care of Magical Creatures, not Creatures of the Forbidden Forest..."

"Whatever," Sage rolled her eyes. "When do you have Herbology?"

"After lunch, and yes, I'll ask Daisy."

"Great," she smiled, turning back to her food.

Once Mia finished eating, she stood up and left the Great Hall. She hurried back to the Ravenclaw Tower, zooming past the other students on the corridors.

After she entered the Common Room, she walked inside their dorm to change the contents of her bag. She took Advanced Potion-Making and The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 7 out, then she heard a quiet tapping noise. Turning her head around, she noticed a Spotted Owl floating outside the window next to her bed.

She opened the window, then took the tiny letter from the owl and it flew away. Frowning, Mia closed the window and opened the letter.

"Birdie,

Can we meet after dinner today? I'll be down by the Black Lake.

I hope you'll come."

The letter wasn't signed by anyone, but it didn't need to be. Mia furrowed her eyebrows as she ran her eyes over Alexander's words again. It surprised her that he wanted to meet her outside where anyone could see them, but then she remembered how they parted the last time and sighed. She wanted to meet him.

She threw the letter inside her bag with the things she needed in the afternoon, then flung it over her shoulder and left their dorm to go to Herbology.

When she arrived at Greenhouse three, she spotted Daisy in the company of a few other Hufflepuffs who were all waiting for the class to begin. Mia walked up to their group and patted her friend on the shoulder. Daisy turned around with a confused expression, then smiled.

"Oh, hi!" She greeted Mia.

"Hi," she nodded. "Can I talk to you in private?" Mia asked, glancing at the other Hufflepuffs.

"Sure..." Daisy said, then the two of them took some steps away from the other students. "So, what's up?"

"Can you tell me about Nathan Jones?" Mia asked.

Her eyes widened. "Are you perhaps interested in him?"

"I am, but not for myself," she said, confusing her.

"Huh?"

"Listen," Mia sighed. "Sage wants a boyfriend, and she said that she would like someone similar to Arvin –"

"I don't blame her," Daisy giggled.

"Yes, well, now she wants a guy from Hufflepuff, and I have Potions with Nathan, but I don't know him that well, so I'm asking you," Mia explained.

"Oh," she nodded. "He is single, so that's good. He's a really nice guy, I think, he gets along with pretty much everyone. He's been pretty down lately, though, I'm not sure what that's about..."