Chapter 22

Mia was sitting alone in an empty corner at the back of the library. She had a book open in front of her and a Tarot deck in her hands.

She has been shuffling it for a while and one specific card kept jumping out. When it happened again, she took it in her right hand and brought it closer to her face to take a better look at the image.

It showed a hand holding out a goblet with water pouring out and a dove flying above it.

"Ace of Cups," she mumbled to herself. "What are you trying to tell me?"

Frowning, she placed the card back in the deck and started shuffling it again, the simple movement making her relaxed. She zoned out, thinking about what the card's meaning could be in her situation, being oblivious to the pair of icy blue eyes that were burning holes into the side of her head.

A card popped out from the deck once again, falling down on the floor next to her. Sighing, she bent down to pick it up and turned it around to see which one it was. To her surprise, it was not the Ace of Cups that time. It was The Lovers.

Furrowing her eyebrows while holding the card out in front of her face, she looked up, her eyes meeting with the strangers.

"Excuse me," she straightened her posture. "What are you doing?"

The boy was leaning on the wall with one shoulder, his arms crossed over his chest. After hearing her words, one corner of his mouth turned upwards slightly.

"I was looking for a book, but I ended up finding you instead," he smirked. "Not that I'm complaining. Seeing Mia Malfoy is like seeing a white raven, it doesn't happen that often. I just couldn't make myself leave after landing my eyes on you, so I stayed."

"Seeing a white raven is actually a sign of bad luck, so if that's how you see me, maybe you should leave."

"What's a little bad luck when you always have Felix Felicis?" He grinned.

"That potion takes six months to brew and is extremely difficult to make, so I wouldn't suggest relying on it, not to mention the fact that it's highly toxic and dangerous when taken in large quantities," she put the deck down on the table, her right hand still holding that one card that jumped out. "Who are you anyway?"

She squinted her eyes to take a better look at his appearance. He had chocolate brown hair that fell into his inviting blue eyes, slightly covering them but not entirely. A crimson and golden coloured tie was hanging loosely around his neck, his robe decorated with a shiny badge.

"You don't know who I am?" He asked in disbelief.

Pushing himself off of the wall, he walked closer to her. Pulling the chair out that was next to the Ravenclaw, he sat down with his body facing hers.

"No," she shook her head. "Should I?"

"We had multiple classes together in the past."

"Does that mean that I should know you? I was there to learn, not to get to know the people I had them with."

"Whatever," he mumbled, feeling offended. "You should still know who I am."

"Care to explain?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"The name's Alexander Stone," he introduced himself while placing an arm on the back of her chair. "Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. A Keeper, both in the team and in real life," he winked.

"You shouldn't have a problem with keeping your hands to yourself, then," she glanced down at his hand behind her.

He rolled his eyes playfully, not moving his hand away. "Everyone knows Quidditch players, how come you don't?"