Chapter 6

3rd year

It was one of the last days of summer, and two of the Malfoy kids were relaxing in their living room when a loud voice disturbed them.

"Kaden!"

Mason marched into the room, glaring daggers at his younger brother.

"What do you want now?" The brunette boy asked, groaning.

"Where is Doom?" Mason questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why are you asking me? He's your owl, not mine."

"Oh, please," the blonde scoffed. "Just tell me where he is already, I know you're behind this."

"Maybe he realised that you're his owner and left. He was doomed anyway," Kaden let out a chuckle.

"You just think you're so funny, don't you?" He narrowed his eyes at him.

"Drop it, Mason," Mia cut in. "How about you stop harassing your little brother and go find that poor little owl of yours?"

"I know he has him!" Mason raised his voice. "If you don't give him back this instant, I'll go and tell Dad about this."

"Yes, go and tell him," Mia nodded with a contemptuous smile. "It's not like he has about a hundred things to do anyway. Go into his office, disturb him and tell him... tell him what, exactly? That you lost your owl again? That you're incapable of taking care of the single thing you should be taking care of? Or that you're trying to blame Kaden for something that's entirely your fault?"

"No one asked you, Mia."

"Fine," she leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes. "I would actually love to see his reaction, so go ahead and tell him. Just don't say I didn't warn you."

Mason stared at his twin sister for a few seconds in silence before narrowing his eyebrows. "I hate you two," he snorted. "I'll just go find Arvin."

With that said, he stormed out of the room to look for his older brother, leaving the two siblings alone.

"Finally," the boy released a deep sigh. "We can relax again."

"Kaden," Mia opened her eyes, giving her brother a knowing look.

"What?" He asked with an innocent expression on his face.

"Where's Doom?"

"I don't know..."

She tilted her head to the side, raising an eyebrow at him. "Kaden..."

"Okay, fine," he gave in, rolling his eyes at her. "He's in my room with Roger, they're bonding."

"Why did you take him, though? You know how Mason can get..."

"I just couldn't see the poor guy suffer in the hands of him. I wanted Doom to have a nice time before he had to go back to Hogwarts, you know? Plus Roger needed a friend anyway."

"If he needed a friend so much, then why didn't you bring him to hang out with Crystal?"

"Your owl is mean, sis," he said right away.

"Excuse me?" Mia straightened her posture. "She's the sweetest creature in the entire world, what are you talking about?"

"She may be to you, but she's cruel to everyone else. She's quite scary sometimes, to be completely honest."

"She's just loyal and protective."

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes. "Point is, Roger doesn't like her."