Appreciation

Wei Wuxian could not understand why would Jiang Cheng try to go back to Lotus Pier despite knowing their situation. He was hurting deep down as well, his thirst for revenge for Uncle Jiang, Madame Yu and all the senior and junior Yunmeng Jiang sect disciples was running strong. But he knew better; it was just the two of them against the whole army of the Qishan Wen sect solders including Wen Zhuliu. There was no way they would be able to win. They would get themselves killed instead.

So why had Jiang Cheng run off when he had been supposed to wait for him to come back with food? Wei Wuxian was hurting deep down and he was almost out of his mind with fear for his brother. At least, he was trying to calm himself down, he knew where Jiang Cheng was heading. If he was quick enough, he could still catch up to him along the way.

Unfortunately, that turned out not to be the case. He only saw his brother again when the Wen sect soldiers were hunting them down all around Lotus Pier, so close at their heels that Wei Wuxian knew they were about to capture them any second now. And then, as if he had been send by the gods themselves, Wen Ning appeared out of the blue and offered them his help. Wei Wuxian was so grateful that he would not be able to express it even if he had been given enough time. Which he had not been.

With Wen Ning's and Wen Qing's help they managed to escape to Yiling and hide in the supervisory office. Wei Wuxian understood how big of a risk the two Dafan Wen siblings were running by helping them out and his appreciation did not know bounds.

It only grew when Wen Qing confirmed that a procedure of a golden core transfer could be carried out and agree to do it after a long time of persuasion. Despite what Wen Qing may have thought, he understood the consequences of his choice, he would have to live like a normal person when everyone around him would be able to continue their cultivation and strive for the top.

He was not stupid, however, Jiang Cheng needed that golden core more than him. How could he resurrect the Yunmeng Jiang sect without one? He was the new sect leader and he needed the strength to carry on. Who cared about what happened to Wei Wuxian after his golden core would be removed, the most important thing was that Jiang Cheng would once again want to live, if only for revenge.

Just as he had thought, his brother was only way too easy to convince to go up the mountain on his own. Once Wei Wuxian said his goodbyes, he headed to the top of the mountain as well. Wen Qing and Wen Ning were already there and had everything prepared. When the procedure started, he was enduring with determination, if it was for his little brother, he could do it. He would do anything to not see Jiang Cheng lifelessly laying in bed and refusing to even eat, much less do anything else. That sight was way more painful than this, at least in the long run.

He had hardly noticed when everything was over. He was so exhausted that reality and his delirious dreams and illusions had long become one. He fell asleep instantly when he could, of course after asking Wen Qing if the transfer had been successful.

Upon waking up, the first thing he did was to kowtow to the Dafan Wen siblings to show his gratitude which he could not express in words. He was in their debt; they had just saved his brother's life. He swore to himself that if they would ever need his help, they had it already granted even if he should die attempting it without his golden core. Just like for his own family, he would go against the whole cultivation world for Wen Ning and Wen Qing and their family if need be.