OP Wei Wuxian

Wei Wuxian had just realized that when he had heard the juniors say that they had been hunting a spirit eating monster, they had been sorely mistaken. He was just standing in front of an old graveyard and he could definitely sense spirits there. So it could not have been a spirit eating monster because that would have first devoured the spirits of the dead before moving to a harder, living pray.

It must have in reality been a soul eating monster or something else entirely. By the current count if its victims, a fairly strong one as well. The children were in danger!

He did not hesitate and immediately headed towards the mountain top. On his way, the surroundings looked strangely familiar, as if he had been here in the past. It only downed on him when he was standing in front of a cave, a cave he knew very well as he had once failed to die there. It was the shrine of the wish granting Dancing goddess. The children had really found a pray that was way over their heads. He had to help them.

Before he could do anything at all, the juniors came rushing out of the cave, nearly sweeping him off his feet. When he heard rumbling from the inside, he followed after them, running. He knew that he and Lan Zhan had only managed to restrain the goddess with all their might when they were at their best. The children would not be able to do it on their own; and neither would he if he did not want to reveal his resurrected self.

When the juniors finally stopped running, Wei Wuxian had long been out of breath. Mo Xuanyu's body was cleanly in a bad shape, probably from only living in his shed and being abused for who knew how long. He would not be able to do anything without resorting to demonic cultivation.

No, he realized a second later, there was something the juniors could actually do. He turned towards them and bowed slightly despite being older than them: "Dear cultivators, can you send out one of your signal flares? Call your seniors here. That thing..." He looked over his shoulder to show what he meant if it had not been clear already, "is too viscous. Call you Hanguang-Jun for help."

He actually wanted to hit them over their heads when Lan Sizhui looked at him sheepishly and said, very apologetically: "Senior Mo, we have forgotten to restock them."

"You forgot?" he asked, disbelieving. How could the Gusu Lan sect, how could Lan Zhan, send these children on a night hunt without making sure they were prepared for emergencies?

"Oh, no," Lan Jingyi now looked sheepish as well, and a little fearful on top of it, "now we will get a harsh punishment."

Wei Wuxian only sighed. There was nothing he could say to that but to lecture the boy that if he knew they were going to be punished, they should remember it or it would be useless. The Gusu Lan sect juniors looked down onto the ground. They were looking very bothered and lost. Wei Wuxian pitied them; they had found themselves in such a situation and could not see any way to get themselves out of it unscathed. They indeed were still children in some aspects.

At least they were ready to learn and curious enough to ask questions, that was a good sign. So, since the Dancing goddess was still nowhere to be seen, Wei Wuxian took it upon himself to teach them a little bit. He explained to them the reasoning which led him to realize that they were not dealing with a spirit eating monster at all.

Before he could however even finish his improvised lecture, the Dancing goddess was already there. He watched the children try their best, Jin Ling also had come out of nowhere and joined the fighting. Even with all their forces joined, they did not stand a chance, it was just a matter of time before someone would get badly hurt. Wei Wuxian did not hesitate anymore. He quickly procured himself a flute and started playing.