Cuddles

Jin Ling was just about to pierce Wei Wuxian's back on Jiang Cheng's watch when there came a burst of spiritual energy completely out of nowhere. Wei Wuxian twirled on his heel as the energy wave washed over him with such an unparalleled gentleness that he wanted to cry. He did not even have to look at who had sent it, he already knew. Even without a golden core, he could still feel the warmth and kindness hidden inside it. He would never mistake the owner anywhere.

He did not have to look to know that Lan Zhan was here and that he had just saved him. The spiritual energy which was gentle and caring to him, caressing him and cuddling him inside a warm and safe cocoon, was not doing the same when it came to Jin Ling. The junior shouted out and Wei Wuxian looked up to check on him. Although his nephew had just been trying to kill him, he did not want any harm to befall him.

Once he checked that the youth was indeed fine, just a little startled, he immediately went to hide himself behind a big tree. He had escaped from the Mo village so that Lan Zhan would not see him. If anyone could recognize that it was him inside of Mo Xuanyu's body, it would without a fail be Lan Zhan. There was no way the Second Jade was going to miss something like this.

And Wei Wuxian did not want him to find out, he liked his freedom and he did not want to go back to the Cloud Recesses. He knew that nothing good would await him there, only punishment and if he was lucky, then a cleansing and a life-long imprisonment for being a demonic cultivator.

But why would Lan Zhan's spiritual energy feel so welcoming to him? Why would it caress him and protect him? Unless... Well, it was Lan Zhan he was talking about, the ever righteous protector of innocents. Of course he would save even a complete strange if he thought they were in need of his assistance. So perhaps he did not yet recognize him at all? Wei Wuxian had no way to check.

Despite his better judgment, he could however not stay hidden for long. He needed to see Lan Zhan, he longed to do so as a man dying of thirst would long for a single drip of water in the desert. If there was anything Wei Wuxian was grateful for in this new life forced upon him, it was seeing Lan Zhan again. He was his peer, his best friend, the one who had not abandoned him and stood by his side even in the darkest days of his past existence.

Whenever Lan Zhan was around, Wei Wuxian felt safe. He wanted to snuggle in those strong arms and let himself be pampered in a way only Lan Zhan knew how. He wanted the Second Jade to take care of him as he had done during the Sunshot campaign, he wanted to be spoiled and cuddled like only Lan Zhan and his Shijie would ever do.

Suddenly, Lan Zhan looked at him and for the longest second, Wei Wuxian was completely captivated. He remembered those eyes, he knew how gentle they could be. He felt the same way as before when Lan Zhan's spiritual energy just passed him without doing any damage and instead soothing him and promising protection. Once again, he wanted to run towards Lan Zhan and cuddle in his arms, he knew he would not have to fear anything after that.

No, that was nonsense! Lan Zhan hated him, of course he would not pamper him like that. It was more probable that if he got caught, he would be brought to face judgment from the hands of the Gusu Lan sect. Not that he would mind too much, now that he was thinking about it, their judgement would certainly be less cruel than other sects' punishments, he was sure. The Gusu Lan sect was righteous, not arrogant and certainly not cruel.