Support

Wei Wuxian stood for several seconds in place. He was admiring Lan Zhan's profile he had the perfect view of due to the full moon. The Second Jade was standing on a high bridge and the water from below it was mirroring the moonlight back upwards which was only accentuating the beautiful sight. Lan Zhan indeed looked like a true immortal just then. It was completely mesmerizing.

Wei Wuxian did not know for how long he had been enamoured by that picture before he had snapped out of his reverie. He had left Lan Zhan waiting for a long time already due to Jiang Cheng's courtesy, he should really go join him and ask how successful he had been in hunting their mysterious perpetrator. Someone had been spying on them for a while now but they still had yet to discover their identity. It was unnerving to have their every step followed by some master mind behind this all.

Lan Zhan did not yet see him and Wei Wuxian was grateful for that. He could hardly walk because of the curse mark and the wound that had been left behind by Zidian. Since the bridge was quite tall, there were many steps for him to climb and he did not want Lan Zhan to be worried about him. The Second Jade really was way too good to someone like him. He had to know the boundaries.

Lan Zhan only turned around when Wei Wuxian was almost on the bridge. He made those last few painful steps and he was finally standing in front of him as his equal. He had thought he had been successful in concealing everything but he had apparently underestimated Lan Zhan's senses and observation skills.

Hanguang-Jun immediately looked down at his injured leg and then back at his face, his eyes full of a silent question. Wei Wuxian felt his cheeks blushing being that closely observed.

"Ah, Lan Zhan, I am fine." He reassured, hoping it would be enough.

Apparently it was not as Lan Zhan immediately looked at him with distrust in his eyes and proceeded to lift the hem of his robes. It revealed a painful looking cursed flesh marred with a wound caused by Jiang Cheng's lightning whip. Even Wei Wuxian had to wince at the sight.

"This is nothing," he reassured again, weakly. "Just traces of a common evil spell, I can fight it off when it will come for me. But you will have to help me, Lan Zhan, I cannot drive it away alone." He added quickly when the Second Jade did not look convinced.

He tried to distract the other by asking about the hunt for the master mind, but Lan Zhan did not let himself be led off the topic: "It is transferred from Jin Ling, right?"

Wei Wuxian felt a little annoyed, like every time someone worried about him, he was not used to that. But at the same time, his heart was melting hearing the concern in Lan Zhan's voice. He tried to outplay his wounds as every other day in his life, however, this time, the Second Jade would not hear it. It seemed like Lan Zhan could be quite persistent when he wanted to be.

"Then, let me carry you."

Wei Wuxian's breath was stolen away at once. He remembered the time when he had made the same offer to Lan Zhan. It was actually really embarrassing to be on the receiving end. But this was different! His leg was not broken, just badly bruised and sore. He would live with no permanent damage.

He started refusing but he felt like he was fighting a losing battle. Which turned to have been true just a second ago. Lan Zhan scoped him into his strong arms without paying any mind to his meagre protests and carried him away in the direction of the inn.

In the end, Wei Wuxian had to admit that it actually felt well. He was warm and he felt safe. Moreover, his leg was not hurting as much as before. But he was a little embarrassed still, there was no one in the street which did not necessarily mean that someone would not see them like this. He snuggled closer to Lan Zhan, half trying to hide himself and half because it felt too good. He hid his face in the crook of the other's neck, perfectly content.