BAMF Yiling Laozu

"Hanguang-Jun! Hanguang-Jun!" came running and shouting Lan Sizhui. Both Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan only rose their eyebrows at the breaking of the rules but none of them commented it in any way. The junior looked very distressed so there must have been something really urgent he had to relay. And of course there was.

"Hanguang-Jun," repeated Lan Zhan's title Lan Sizhui just as he was bowing to his senior while gasping for breath, "the arm we have retrieved in the Mo village is acting up. The elders cannot control it."

Lan Zhan did not waste any second and he was already hurrying away in the direction of the secluded place where summoning rituals were usually held. Wei Wuxian had to admire his collected demeanour. He was not running as Lan Sizhui had been. But it was at the same time clear that he was not calm either.

When they arrived to the chamber in question, Wei Wuxian immediately knew that something had happened. He could feel the resentful energy of this entire place, it was vicious and wild. No elders were probably left standing to restrain the arm anymore.

Lan Zhan did not even glance at him and he already forced his way inside. Before Wei Wuxian could follow him, the door closed right in front of his nose. He was stuck outside together with the juniors.

It did not even take a second and a familiar sound of guqin was coming out from the closed-off room. Wei Wuxian did not doubt Lan Zhan's capabilities but even he was getting worried when almost an hour had passed and the resentful energy did not dissipate in the slightest. Finally, he had had enough of waiting outside, he wanted to help to subdue the arm before it would cause any serious damage to either the building or even worse, to the people trapped inside.

He did not mind the juniors trying to keep him from entering. Even though the door was warded, he knew that with a little use of resentful energy, he could open it fairly easily.

Inside, he was greeted by the sight of several Gusu Lan sect elders laying all around on the ground, apparently passed out from all the resentment raging in the room. Wei Wuxian took out his flute and immediately joined together with Lan Zhan's playing. He purposefully played badly so he would hopefully not be recognized if any of the elders woke up, or by Lan Zhan. Then again, once he had stepped inside, his decision had already been taken: no matter what would happen to him afterwards and if his identity would be discovered, he needed to help protect innocent lives.

His power over the resentful energy fused together with Lan Zhan's spiritual energy filled song and they fought the sentient arm together. Though, it was not working as quickly as Wei Wuxian had expected. On the contrary, the hand started being even more frantic and resisted being sealed. They needed more power.

He glanced back at Lan Qiren who had regained consciousness in the meantime, but it still did not change anything, his decision had been taken.

He put more power into his own song and his eyes flashed red. He was now using all of the might of the Yiling Patriarch.

For the longest moment, nothing happened and he wondered if even his and Lan Zhan's joined forces would perhaps not be enough to subdue the hand. But then, finally, he felt it giving way, very reluctantly and only little by little, still fighting with all its might. It still took almost a minute before the resentful energy of the arm dissipated into the surroundings and the arm was sealed by Lan Zhan's spell work.

The havoc stopped at once and the juniors rushed in.