Betryal

Pastry POV
I was laughing and so was Red Velvet. He looked really happy. Once he calmed down he looked at me, with a soft gaze.
"I like you Pastry.. a lot.. I haven't felt like this before with anyone.." A small blush grew as I looked away.
"Same here.." I said awkwardly. Then I remember something I did. I regret it now but.. I had called Reverend Mother Cookie.

A couple days ago she had found out that I had been hanging out with Red Velvet, and demanded him here, at the church, locked up.
I was scared but she was going to kill me, and I feel like he'd rather be locked up then me dead. I knew it would hurt him and it would hurt me too, heck he might even lose my trust... and I was prepared for that.. or at least I thought...

It was silent for a minute before we both jumped at the sound of Shadow Sister's Voice scream,
"There he is!" As she dropped down with a few other nuns. They handcuffed him, and for some odd reason put a muzzle on him? They must have thought he was a dog or something and it was kinda showing.

When they jumped down he tried to fight them off but they were fast. After his handcuffs he squirmed around and tried to fight them off that way. But again they were too fast. The muzzle fell on his face and worried crept up. Once it was on he shook his head trying to get it off. He did a soft growl and clawed at it. He looked at me.

I felt so very guilty. Reverend Mother crept up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders.
"Excellent work dear!" Tears formed in my eyes as I saw Red Velvet's face drop when he heard it. I looked at the ground.
"It was... you... you called them..?"
I looked up at him and it looked like he was holding back tears.
"I-" They pulled him away, they had brought a truck and put In there.

"Reverend Mother... may I sit in the back with him to explain... he seems confused and broken.." she thought for a moment.
"Fine.."
"Thank you Reverend Mother." I walked towards the direction of the other nuns. I jumped in the trunk and Red Velvet immediately turned away from me. From what I saw he was crying.

"Why.." he said in a shaky voice, "why are you doing this..?" He sniffled.
"I had to... Reverend Mother threatens me.. here answer this.. would you rather be alone, or me be dead?" He sat for a moment in silence.
"Alone.. I'm used to it anyways.."

I felt even more guilty now.
"Why did they put a muzzle on me..? I'm not a dog." He started to claw at it again.
"Well if you ask me you can act like one sometimes... it shows. It's showing right now.."
As I said that he started to growl at it. He looked at me.
"No it doesn't!" I chuckled
"Yes it does!" He smiled, but it faded away quickly.

"Why am I so bad... why is this... STUPID ARM.." he shook his cake arm around. "So bad... I'm not.. that bad of a person.. I just want cakes to exist too..."
"You're right. My religion is fucked.. I just.. wish i never joined it sometimes.."

"Pastry..." he looked at me on the verge of tears once again.
"Are they gonna kill me..?" I had to think for a second.
"I don't think so.."
A few tears fell down his face.
"To be honest.. I don't want to die.."
"I-"

I hate myself.
I hate myself so much right now.

"Red Velvet.... I'm so... sorry." He was silent. "You don't have to forgive me... but I want you to know I didn't want to do this.. I had too.. it might seem like I'm lying but I'm not. And I understand if you don't trust me after this." I started to cry a little.
"I would understand if you didn't want to be my friend anymore... but I'm sorry." I looked at him and it was silent.

"Maybe I won't forgive you... maybe I won't trust you.. but I'm never gonna stop not liking you. Whether that means we're friends or not. Pastry I said I liked you earlier... you were my first real friend.. and I.." he stopped and it sounded like he didn't know what to say.

"I love you... I'm not sure if that'll change but I want you to know that."
The truck stopped.
"I-" I sniffled. "I love you too.." I heard some doors slam.
"Ohh cake monster! Pastry!" A voice called out. It was Reverend Mother. Panic grew on Red Velvet's face as the doors opened.
"It's time to go!" Nuns walked into the truck and grabbed him.

He fought for a bit but eventually just let them take him.
"Red Velvet.." I said, the nuns stopped and they all turned around.
"Yea..?"
"I'll take care of Chiffon.."
he smiled.
"Thanks.." they began walking again and Reverend Mother with them.

Leaving me alone in the truck

By myself

Full of guilt

꧁~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꧂

Lol I'm soo funny hehe
Let me know if you want like some sort of part two

Also idk the thought of Red Velvet having a muzzle feels

Right and wrong at the same time