Betrayal (pt. 2)

Heya, here's a part two for the last chapter.
Sorry I've been doing my own things for this, I'll try to do more requests soon.

Also this is kinda inspired by A Misguided Monster A Misguided Saint.
It's a really good book so go check that out.
꧁~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꧂

Pastry POV
I was heading back to the church, I had finished feeding all the cake hounds for Red Velvet, who was in the church's jail cell. They didn't allow me to speak to him, but every once in a while I would sneak there and say a few words to him.

I walked through the doors.
"Pastry! There you are, I have news for you."
"Yes Mother?"
"This may not sound like good news to you, but we are planning on executing this cake monster."
I stumbled back in shock.

"W-What.."
"Yes child. He is a cake monster, and we simply do not allow that."
"But we- we can't Do that!"
"I'm sorry child, we have too.."
My brows furrowed.
"No.."
"If you do not agree, you must leave."

"Fine I will." I took off my veil and threw it on the ground.
"For good." I marched out the door. I ran around the church to the side of the prison. I went through a window and grabbed the keys on the desk. I ran to Red Velvet's cage. When I got there he was in a corner, and something seemed off...

He looked a little pale, and his eyes fuzzy. He was staring into the ground. I unlocked his cell.
"Red Velvet!" I silently screamed. I slowly walked up to him.
"Red Velvet.." I grabbed his face with my hands and gently put his gaze towards me..
"Are you ok..." he didn't answer me, only stared at me.

I unlocked his handcuffs and took off the muzzle. I gave him a big hug.
"We have to leave now.. Cmon, you gotta help me here." He got up and I walked with him. Surprisingly, we made it out the door with no troubles.

They were most likely getting ready for his execution.
Ha
Not today.
I walked into the woods with him, once we were a decent distance away from the church I sat him down.
"Red Velvet.." I waved my hand in front of his face and no answer.
"Red Velvet!" I shook him a bit and he looked at me.

We stared at each other for a minute before he hiccuped and broke into tears. He kept crying and wouldn't stop. He didn't talk and I had to remind him to breath.

He dug his face in my chest and I caraseed him rocking back and forth.
"Shhh it's alright, we're safe now, it's alright..."
After a while he fell asleep in my arms

♡︎~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡︎

Red Velvet POV
I woke up in my bed. Pastry sat at the end of it and Licorice, right next to me.
"Finally you're awake!"
"What happened..."
"You cried yourself to sleep." Pastry said. I looked at her than looked away. To be honest I don't know if I can look at her right now.

"Are you ok? You like really spaced out there what happened..?" She asked. They came in and told me.

They told me I was gonna get executed. I begged them not to do it, I told them I would do anything else, I would take any other punishment. But they called that complaining and shot one of their arrows in my cake arm. Which caused a weird effect on me.. I felt dizzy.. everything was blurry.. and I couldn't process what was really going on.

"They... I... I don't know.. they put something in me or something.." Chiffon jumped on my bed and showered me in kisses.
"Chiffon!" I chuckled and let him kiss me. I gave him the biggest hug and snuggled him.

"Well I'm glad you're ok now, but I have to get going." Licorice said and walked out the door. It was just me and Pastry.

"Thanks... for saving me and taking care of the cakes.."
"You're welcome.."
"I hope you don't mind but I'd like to be by myself.."
"No I understand, take all the time you need.. when you're ready, I'll be here." I smiled and nodded.  And she left.

It probably be a little while till I talked to her, but I knew she was still willing to be my friend and wasn't gonna force it.

Which made me happy.