Chapter 10: The Past

Y/N POV

We had arrived back at our hotel room. I was busy messing around with my weapons and crap. Sharpening my knives mostly, along with counting ammo cases and stuff. Completely bored out of my mind, ya know. Who knows what Peter was doing. After putting all that stuff away, I walked into the kitchen and sat down by the island, leaning my head against the table.
  "Something wrong?" Peter asked, scaring me a little.
I sat up and looked over at him.
  "No. Just bored." I said.
He walked over and sat down beside me.
  "You know if ya want, we could head down to the hotel bar... If ya like." Peter said.
  "Are you trying to ask me out?" I asked, frowning.
  "No! No... I'm just trying to... Get to know you better...?" He muttered.
  "Mk. But I'd rather drink here than there. Hotel bars aren't my thing." I said.
  "Oh ok." He said, nervously smiling.
I got up and walked over to the fridge, opening it and grabbing 2 beers. I walked back over and handed one to Peter.
  "You mentioned back at your apartment you didn't have family. May I ask what you mean?" He asked.
I sat down and kinda looked at him.
  "Long story short. I have no idea who my parents are or what happened to them. I was a foster kid. To and from different homes. I never really wanted to look for family. Especially once I started working for Clementine. Then I don't have to worry about having this guilt if a mission goes wrong and I die, leaving someone out there wishing they would have stopped me because they care. Being alone works. If I die, no one will even know." I explained.
  "But... What about TK and Lucy? And I'm sure the bartender, Barret would wonder what happened to ya. And Clementine would probably be upset. And I'd miss you." Peter said.
  "Yeah ok fine. I guess you have a point." I said, rolling my eyes.
He chuckled a little. I took a sip and smirked as well.
  "What about you? You got family?" I asked.
He nodded.
  "I have a sister and well, my mother. But none of us are close." Peter said.
  "Oh how come?" I asked.
  "Meh. I... Don't wanna really get into it." He muttered.
I frowned slightly, but nodded.
  "Sorry..." He said, looking away.
  "Oh no. It's fine. I... Nevermind." I said.
  "Are you... Upset about your past?" Peter asked.
I shook my head.
  "Nah. I've just accepted it." I said.
  "Oh. I just thought maybe you drank a lot because of that..." He said.
I burst into laughter.
  "Fuck no! I drink for the fun of it!" I said.
  "Oh." He mumbled.
  "Now, let's change the subject. Why the fuck did you take matters into your hands at the fucking club?" I asked.
  "Because I wanted too." He said, smirking.
  "Oh is that so? Remember who is in charge though? You're just lucky as hell it didn't go fucking down hill. Otherwise I'd let them kill you." I said.
  "You wouldn't let your partner die. Or would you?" He said.
  "If it was you, yes. Yes I would let you die." I said.
  "Rude." Peter said.
  "I'm kidding! Clementine would kill me if I killed another one of my partners." I said, laughing.
  "Another one...?" Peter asked, hesitantly.
  "Look, I didn't kill my last partner. We... We snuck into some mafia dudes house to get papers and he happened to come back. I barely made it out alive... My partner on the otherhand... Well he's dead. He told me to run when I had the chance. So I did." I explained, pausing a few times.
  "Yikes. That's awful." Peter said.
  "It is what it is though. I was a pussy and ran. I should have saved him, but then we both would have died." I said.
I sighed, taking another sip. Peter was silent.
  "I won't leave you behind. I learned from my mistake." I said.
I looked over at him. He had that stupid smile on his face.
  "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.
  "No reason." He said, blush spreading across his face.
  "I fucking hate you." I muttered, looking away.
  "You don't though." He said.
I got up and walked towards my bed. I sat down. Why was he so obsessed with me?
  "Just... Goodnight." I muttered.
  "It's only 8pm, darling." He said.
  "And?" I growled.
  "And maybe we should go over our plan for tomorrow." He said.
  "How about we do that in the morning? Ok? Ok. Goodnight." I said, laying down.
He chuckled.
  "I guess so. Goodnight, darling." He said.
  "Night Cockbite." I mumbled.
I heard his bedroom door close. I let out an irritated sigh. I'm gonna kill him.

(810 words)