Chapter 32: Bad News... Kinda

Y/N POV

Me and Clementine's drive was silent. I sat in the passengers seat, waiting anxiously. It then hit me that Clementine totally didn't mention anything about the fact that I killed her brother.
  "I'm sorry..." I whispered, glancing over at her.
  "For?" Clementine asked.
  "For what happened to Nick..." I mumbled.
Clementine sighed. We then pulled into the hospital parking lot.
  "We'll discuss it in a bit." She said, turning off the vehicle.
We got out and headed to the building. I could feel my heart racing in my chest. I was glad Peter was ok. Very fucking glad. We walked into the hospital and made our way to Peter's room.
  "I've never seen you so... Excited you could say. Did something between you 2 happen?" Clementine asked, stopping me dead in my tracks.
  "I'm... Just glad he's ok." I muttered.
I didn't want Clementine to know, only because it could affect the possibility of us being partners again in the future.
  "Y/N. Do not lie to me." Clementine said.
I just rolled my eyes, continuing to walk. That was until Clementine grabbed my wrist, stopping me. I turned to glare at her.
  "You love him. Don't you?" Clementine asked.
I stood there, silently.
  "Yes. Yes I do." I said, pulling my arm away.
She just smirked as we continued to walk, once again. I stopped in front of Peter's door. I was hesitant to open the door.
  "Go on." Clementine said.
  "He's alive, right? And this isn't some sick joke to get back at me for killing Nick?" I asked, looking over at Clementine.
She seemed shocked that I would ask that.
  "I wouldn't do that to you no matter what. I'm not that twisted, Y/N." Clementine said.
I just sighed, opening the door and walking in. Peter looked up and smiled. I couldn't help but smile too. I walked over to him, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.
  "How's it going?" Peter asked.
I just hugged him. He hugged me back, chuckling.
  "And here comes the water works." Clementine said.
I held up the middle finger at her. But she was only right. I buried my face into the crevice of Peter's neck, crying tears of joy.
  "I'm so glad you're ok." I whispered.
  "And I'm glad you're ok too." Peter said.
Clementine had sat down, grabbing a magazine from the small table in the corner. I pulled away, wiping my tears with the palms of my hands.
  "Oh gosh... I'm so fucking stupid." I muttered.
  "Why is that?" Peter asked, looking concerned.
  "I shouldn't have let that shit happen." I said.
  "It's not your fault, Y/N... I am the one who came to look for you." Peter said, laughing nervously.
  "Oh that's right. After I specifically said to stay at the hotel room. But heaven forbid you listen to me, the one who was right." I said, folding my arms.
  "Y/N. We know how this'll go. Let's just be thankful we both are ok and both successfully did our job. Ok?" Peter said.
  "How did you even make it to the Diamond Eyed Serpent anyhow? I took the vehicle." I asked.
  "I... Stole someone's car, only to end up crashing it half way there and then... Nick's people ended up finding me and throwing me in the back of there vehicle." Peter explained, hesitantly.
I kinda stood there just shocked.
  "Peter what the hell!? Is that why you were cut up and bruised when they brought you to me?" I asked.
He nodded.
  "Oops." He mumbled.
  "Ya know what... I'm just glad this is done and over with. And that we both are ok." I said.
  "Same." Peter said.
  "Sorry to ruin your guys moment, but... You both are fired." Clementine said, standing up.
  "What?!" Me and Peter said at the same time in shock.
  "I'm sorry, but I've given you, Y/N, enough chances. And it is only fair, after you killed my brother. I know that it was in self defense, but..." Clementine explained.
  "But what? I was doing it to protect myself and get revenge for Peter. And in the end, he was the guy we were going after. And why the fuck is Peter fired also? He's the fucking one that nearly was killed." I asked, rage filled.
  "You heard me, Y/N. No buts. We'll go home as soon as Peter is healed. I'll be paying you both double, though, as apology for my choice." Clementine explained.
She then exited the room. I stood there in shock. I looked over at Peter.
  "Y/N, I'm so sorry." Peter said, grabbing my hand.
  "No no. It's fine. She's the dumb bitch making the mistake of getting rid of her best assassin. But whatever. Guess I'll be back working with TK in that dumbass diner." I said.
  "But still. I know how much you enjoy your job." Peter said.
  "It is what it is. Plus... Now that we're both lost of a job... Maybe we can... I don't know... Be something more than just partners?" I asked, smiling embarrassedly.
  "Yes! Of course. I guess you have a point." Peter said, his face lighting up with joy.
I leaned over and kissed him. He kissed back and I could feel him smirk.

(886 words)