Chapter 11: Sleepless

Y/N POV

A few hours passed and I was still wide awake. My mind wouldn't stop wandering. All these questions filled my head. How come it was so easy to get into the club, yet everyone we talked to said it was nearly impossible or hard? What if this guy we're after knows, and is letting us get to him so he can take us out? How come the security guards at the front didn't even ID us? I sat up and saw Peter's bedroom light was on. I got up and walked over to his door. I hesitated before knocking.
"Yeah?" Peter said.
"You're still up?" I asked.
The door opened and he nodded.
"I don't sleep much." He said.
"That explains the dark rings under your eyes." I muttered.
He let out a sigh.
"Yes. And you? Why are you up?" He asked.
"Overthinking things." I said.
"How come?" He asked.
"I just don't get it. Everyone we talked to the other day said it was impossible to get in, yet we got in without an effort. I just think it's a little concerning. The security guards didn't even ID us. They just decided to believe us and let us in. I'm just confused. If I was a guard for that place, I wouldn't buy the fact that these 2 strangers that haven't even been there before are friends with the bosses wife because they said they were. I would have asked for ID's and then I would have talked to the boss." I explained.
"Darling, it's the middle of the night. Don't stress about it and get some rest. We'll go over it all in the morning like you said. You need to relax." Peter said.
"But what if this is all a set up? What if we go tomorrow and end up being killed? We should really do a little more research tomorrow. I think I'll call Clementine and talk to her too." I said.
Peter placed his hands on my shoulders. I glared at him. He had a look of concern on his face.
"You're very tense, darling. I suggest you lie down and try to sleep before you stress yourself out. If it helps I could give you a massage." He said.
I rolled my eyes.
"Bull shit you're doing that. And fine, I'll try and calm myself down. I'm just saying it's all a little too fucking suspicious." I growled, turning and walking towards my bed.
"It was just an offer. But goodnight, darling. We'll go over it tomorrow and take some more precautions. Sleep well." He said.
I nodded.
"You too, Cockbite. You need sleep more than me." I muttered, looking over my shoulder at him.
He chuckled a little before closing his door. I laid down. He was right. I needed to worry about this in the morning. I really don't feel like giving myself a panic attack right now. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. Soon I drifted off to sleep.

// Time Skip //

I was awoken by the smell of bacon. I sat up, yawning. I looked over and see Peter cooking. He looked over.
"Goodmorning, darling." He said.
"Morning." I said, standing up and waking over to him.
I saw the time on the clock and nearly panicked. It was 11am.
"Holy shit we need to start moving! We gotta go over plans quickly and I need to call Clementine still! Then we gotta find one of my friends who can make us fake ID's. Shit! We're not gonna get anything done today. Cockbite, why the hell didn't you wake me up!?" I yelled, panicking.
"Because you looked peaceful. Plus, it's only our 2nd day, remember. Don't panic. Now sit down and breakfast will be done shortly, darling. We'll go over plans while we eat, then after we can call Clementine. Ok?" He said.
Why was he so calm and relaxed about everything? Actually, why was I so panicked? Since when do I panic this much? I sighed and sat down at the island.
"Man, I honestly don't know why I'm panicking so much. Sorry about that." I said.
"Oh don't worry about it, darling." Peter said.
I smiled a little.

(707 words)