Chapter 25: Trap

Y/N POV

I took a deep breath before opening the door. I looked inside. It was empty. But what I saw on the board behind the desk is what made me panic. There were pictures of me and my old partner hung up. But a majority of them was of me. Along with news papers that talked about the death of my old partner and other things. I walked in, closing the door behind me. I turned on the light and walked over to the board. I continued to look over it.
  "This person isn't after Clementine's client.... This person is after me." I whispered.
I could feel myself shaking in fear. Who was this bastard?! Could it possibly be the guy who killed my old partner?
  "Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice said.
I whipped around, pointing my gun at the person. It was Karma.
  "Ah ah ah. Calm down, Hope Kelly." She said, chuckling.
  "What do you want from me?! And who the fuck is your husband?!" I yelled.
  "I'd keep it down if you don't wanna get caught." Karma said, frowning.
I was so lost. I lowered my gun, but was still ready to fight back.
  "I don't want problems. Only peace. We all do." Karma said.
  "Who the hell is we?" I growled.
  "Me and my husband of course." Karma said.
  "Look, if your husband is who I think he is, I'm sorry! But I let him live! I let him kill my damn partner! We're fucking even! Ok?" I said.
  "Then why are you coming to kill him?" Karma asked.
  "That was before I knew he was after me!" I yelled.
Karma just burst into laughter. I raised my gun again.
  "Let me go and you'll NEVER here from me again, ok?" I said.
  "I'm afraid I can't.... It's not my choice. It's his." She said.
I snarled in frustration. I then ran over to her and hit her in the head with the back of my gun, knocking her out. I then shot her now unconscious body. As soon as she stopped breathing I ran out of the room and back towards where me and Peter were supposed to meet. None of this made sense! I'm starting to think this was all a trap! Well, actually it was! He knows who I am! Fuck he could know who Peter is too! I don't wanna put Peter in danger! I stopped where me and Peter had started and pulled out my phone, sending Peter a text.
  "Damn it Peter we need to get out of here!" I growled.

Peter's POV

I continued to walk down the hall, taking out guards on the way. I growled to myself, thinking I may have fucked up. I saw no damn office or anything. Only VIP rooms and storage rooms. Just then my phone went off. I opened it to see it was from Y/N. She said something about a trap and we need to hurry up and leave. I panicked.
  "Oh no, Y/N!" I muttered, turning around and running back to our meeting spot.
I turned the corner and saw Y/N waiting. Her back was turned but I could tell she was anxious/panicking. I ran up behind her, pulling her into my arms.
  "Ahhh!" She screamed, elbowing me in the side.
I let her go and fell onto my side, clutching it in pain. Damn she was strong.
  "Oh my gosh Peter! You scared the fuck out of me damn it! I could have killed you!" She yelled, dropping to her knees.
  "Heh... Yeah I just panicked...." I muttered.
  "Are you ok?" She asked, a look of guilt/regret on her face.
  "Just fine." I said, sitting up.
Y/N stood up and held out a hand for me. I grabbed it and she pulled me into her arms, hugging me. I smiled, hugging her back.
  "Don't fucking do that again, Cockbite." She muttered.
  "Or at least not on a mission." I said.
  "True. But we need to leave." She said, pulling away.
I frowned, not wanting that hug to end so soon. But I agreed and followed her out. She explained to me about the whole thing she found and how she thinks it's an old enemy after her.
  "Yikes." I mumbled.
  "We'll come back tomorrow night and that's the night everything will for sure happen. I just... Panicked and didn't know what to do at the moment..." Y/N said.
  "Ok. But now we may need to find a new way in. With all the dead bodies and stuff found, I wouldn't doubt that they'll be adding more security." I explained.
  "True." Y/N said.

(785 words)