Chapter Twenty-Five

I couldn't tell him now. We were caught deeply in a conversation, which was mostly, as much as I hated to admit it, held one sided by Zayn. But I knew he was catching up on my odd behaviour. He knew something was up, the only question left for me was, should I tell him? The only thing it'd do would be adding stress to his life but on the other hand it affected him just as much as it affected me, if not more. He was the one who would face jail and a worse reputation than he ever had.

"Tell me," he started and took my hand.I shook my head, not that I wouldn't tell him, more to clear my mind.

"I don't know how to tell you," I admitted, searching for his soft eyes. They always felt like home and safety. Just a single look brightened up my whole day and calmed my inner wrecked nerves.

"Take your time," he assured me, sitting across from me on the coach so we were face to face, legs crossed over each other. I copied his actions, getting comfortable and taking a deep breath.

"So... yesterday, right? I went home and checked the post box and found a letter directed at me, which doesn't happen very often... or never at all. Of course my curiosity was unbelievably high so I opened it right away and... there was a little letter directed at me - along with pictures" Out of habit my teeth found my bottom lip and started nibbling on it. And also out of instinct Zayn caught my lip in his forefinger and thumb softly freeing it from my harsh teeth. He motioned me to carry on telling my story.

"The pictures... they were pictures of you and me. In the café. At school. In the mall. From yesterday. Basically a documentary of us. And the letter was a threat. To me. Telling me to take care of my whereabouts and that not the whole world is as innocent at me. And then he quoted The Police's Every Breath You Take and-"

"Wait," Zayn interrupted me. "So basically we're threatened to get kicked out of school and I'm threatened to get put in jail," he observed with slight panic rising lacing in his vocal cords making my worries rise even further.

"Yeah, basically," I whispered.Zayn raised to his feet, exhaling a long sigh. I didn't take offence in that though. It was a natural reaction to such news. Jail was the place he wanted to stay out of forever. He took this teacher job serious and believed in it as his second and last chance, he didn't think anything could go wrong.Besides love.Love could go wrong.Love would always go wrong.

"I'm sorry," I whispered before standing up and slowly removed his hands from his face. It was red. His stubble felt rough against the palm of my hand and his skin buttery soft. His eyes were moist, on the verge to wet, holding back salty liquor to pour from them. His breathing was raged against my own skin, strong and uncontrollable. Unbelievable.

"We can make this work out, right? We can do this," I assured him using my hopes while attempting so.Slowly his hazel eyes looked down on my eyes, holding my gaze for a minute or two. His pupils narrowed in size, he was slowly coming back to clear sense. And with a few blinks of his dense, long, black lashes the wet liquid in his eyes reduced.

"Show me everything" I nodded and took out my handbag were I had carefully placed the large envelope.

Zayn went through everything slowly, trying not to miss a single hint. The fact that everything was written by computer made everything so much harder. If it really was Jonah and he would've written by hand, Zayn could've identified his writing and... and what? Report him to the police? That would also make Zayn go to jail. Beat him up? Same problem.Threaten him? With what? Going to the police?

And suddenly there was a loud thump coming from Zayn's bedroom. My heart started beating twice it's normal rate and I was sure zany could hear the continuous rhythm. His senses elevated and his breathing went unstable again. He held a finger to my lips motioning me to keep as quiet as possible. With light, feathery steps we walked into the bathroom, Zayn holding me behind him to keep me save.