Chapter Eighteen

"What is going on here?"

Immediately Jonah jumped at least a few metres away from me. Looking at the two teachers wide eyed. I didn't dare to turn and look around who stood there cause I was more than sure I already knew.

"Ms Devon, Mr Malik. I'm very sorry", Jonah apologized looking sincere.

"You two know very well that a) skipping lesson is uncalled for and b) being intimate in school is strict against the rules also. What were you two thinking? Especially Rain. Rain, turn around and look at me when I'm talking to you", Ms Devon's harsh voice orders and I obeyed slowly turning on my heel. I hope my wet cheeks and blood shot eyes weren't all that visible. My head still hung low.

"Rain. I didn't expect that from you. You're the last one I would've expected that from. That costs you at least two weeks of detention", Ms Devon keeps saying causing me to hang my head lower and lower each time. It wasn't her who I was worried about thought. Or that stupid detention for all I care.

The only thing that worried me to no end right now was Zayn and how I was not able to explain the whole situation to him. He must think I really was intimate with Jonah while he told me everything he felt for me yesterday which led to the best kiss we ever shared besides our first one maybe.
I want to explain to him so badly. But I couldn't.

"Rain. Crying is not the answer now you've got that upon yourself." This time it was Zayn's cold voice.

"You two go to lesson now. We'll see you in detention this afternoon", Ms Devon explain before striding off with Zayn who was slowly shaking his head in disbelief. I hated seeing him like this. I couldn't take this.

"Wait!", I exclaimed. Both turned around, Ms Devon more than annoyed and Zayn somewhat hopeful I'll give him the best explanation he ever heard. But on the other hand there was Jonah's frightening eyes that spoke a thousand word essay about how I shouldn't tell them anything.

"I-I'm sorry", I whispered before turning around and leaving because now I was full on sobbing and I didn't want anyone seeing me like this.

"Wait, babe, don't cry", Jonah ran after me acting all innocent while he slung his arm around me to make it seem as if he was comforting me when I knew for a fact he only did it to make it seem as if we were a couple.

Electric shots ran through my body because of his touch terrifying me.

"Disgusting", I heard Zayn muttering.

The words hit me harder than they should have. A new pack of sobs rucked through me again and my heart literally felt broken at his choice of words and the disgust was audible. It wasn't faked.

"Come on, baby, let's go", Jonah pushed me towards the door again really roughly but it seemed like a normal couple act from the outside.

---

Somehow I made it through the school day without having too bad of a breakdown. I wondered if Jonah would keep the couple act up be he didn't. He just acted like he was my boyfriend in front of Zayn. Out of all the people.

The thing that bothered me the most was that I couldn't do anything. In the books I've read it was always so easy for the protagonist to escape their blackmailer or whatever he really was. But then in real life it was anything but easy. Especially when you just were not brave enough to take the risk of telling anyone.

On my way back home I prayed silently that I wouldn't cross paths with anyone. Neither Jonah nor Zayn. I just couldn't take anyone at the moment. The sky was really clear, just a single cloud hovered there in the light blue blanket and the sun was as bright as she could get beaming her large rays in every possible direction.