Chapter Twenty-Four

"I believe you'll be ready for school by tomorrow, Mrs Appleby."

It was one of this gatherings with Mrs Tempest and Mr Wellington again.  They called it 'check up time' and I despited them. Everyone acted as if I was a three year old except they had the decency to call me by my last name.

But today was the last one and I was more than happy to finally have the permission to go to school again. It must be weird to be so happy for school but really it was better than all those appointments and everyone being careful and all. It was so unbelievably annoying.

Waking up the next morning - an hour earlier than I actually needed to - I decided taking a long refreshing shower. Signaling a fresh start.

I really decided to make a difference. There was all this new power I felt inside me and I quiet liked it. Somehow boosted me up.

Since my hair would take up to two to three hours to actually dry in the air I had to blow dry it, which took me like fifteen minutes.

Looking into the mirror I seriously thought about a haircut but when I looked at the watch I noticed that now wasn't really the time to think about it.

I put on some black skinny jeans and a shirt along with a new lather jacket Zayn gave me two days ago. As a little gift. I said I couldn't accept the present since I felt bad for not getting him anything but he insisted on me taking it and said it would be a present for his eyes to watch me in this which made me blush really hard.

Usually I wouldn't wear leather. Just wasn't my thing, to be honest. But I thought a fresh start would only work if I opened up my mind to certain topics even if it involved my clothing style.

Last but not least I quickly grabbed the bag I had already packed for school a few days ago and hurried down the stairs to walk out the door. But not before quickly grabbing a granola bar on my way out.

While walking down the streets I saw some pupils looking at me weirdly, but not offensively. That was new.

The girl who always wore black and leather and even black lipstick actually smiled at me which I never saw before and I decided to smile back.

Quickly jogging to class to not come too late I saw that nearly everyone was there already and no one took really note of my presence but I didn't mind it that much. I didn't take note of everyone walking through this door also.

The only one I took notice of was Jonah, but his head was turned the other way flirting with some girl with short dirty blond hair and a cute smile. She seemed to innocent and humble and the fact that she was involved with someone like Jonah seemed so unreal.

And the other person I took note of was Zayn as he walked through the door together with Ms Devon. They didn't talk at all.

Zayn took his seat next to me and smiled at the fact of me wearing the jacket before saying hi.

Which I returned of course.

Ms Devon started the class as per usual. Only this time she didn't call me out a single time and it was weird but okay with me.

Everything was as it used to be. The only difference was me and the change within me changed everything around me.

After the seven hours of school I returned home without a single bother of Jonah anf plopped down onto the coach. I was home alone, Cel with some friend and my parents working.

I didn't know what terms my parents were on at the moment but at least dad lived here which only could've meant something good. Or so I hoped at least.