005. legacies

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER FIVE 。・:*:・゚
"legacies"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

THE FACT THAT Tony actually thought that would work would never be anything but hilarious to Gray. 

 Seconds after he left, the boy rose to his feet. He rotated his shoulder, wincing and swallowing any noise that would indicate he was in pain as he stared down at the ashen terrain of a once prosperous planet. He heard the sound of shit blowing up left and right, and his head was pounding from all of the commotion. He spotted the shape of Peter Parker as he stragically kept various people from falling down to the ground and being impaled by a rock or some shit, and rose his voice. "Hey!" 

 His words were raspy and weak, so he tried again. "Hey, Parker!" 

He thought his efforts were fruitless, until the boy's now-familiar face popped into his line of eyesight, swinging down and landing gracefully on his feet. The sudden motion made Gray jump, and accept his hand as it was oustretched toward him. "Hey, dude, you should probably chill for a minute," Peter said, nervously eyeing Grayson as if he were going to pass out at any second. "You almost got the magic mitten, but that looked like it really hurt." 

 "Yeah, whatever." Gray put a hand on Peter's shoulder, before turning back to point to where the ensuing chaos was only increasing. "I need you to get me down there." 

 Peter winced, "I dunno-" he sang, awkwardly ruffling his hair, "I don't want Mister Stark to get mad at me. And you say Thanos, he's like-" He gestured vaguely with his hands. "Insane." 

 Gray squinted at him, blinking away the black dots at the corner of his vision. "Okay, you're adorable, but I think that Tony will be more mad at you if he explodes or gets smoked by some sort of small planet." 

 Peter stared at Gray for a moment, mulling over his words. he evidentally decided that Tony Stark getting hit by a planet was not a very ideal situation, and smiled sheepishly. "How do I get you down there?" 

 Gray held out his arms, "you have super-strength right? Carry me." 

Peter pulled a face, so Gray rolled his eyes, "don't make this weird. I need to get to Tony before he gets sniped, remember? Also, where did you leave the weird alien people?" 

 "Oh, they're over there-" Peter jerked his head in the opposite direction, brushing some hair from his forehead as Gray took a step forward, making the Parker boy blush as he wrapped his arms around his shoulders, pulling him close and closing his eyes. "Please don't drop me." 

 Peter shrugged, "no promises." He wrapped an arm around Gray's waist, firing a web and muttering a, "hold on tight," before leaping from the structure and into the air. 

Gray cursed, his grip tightening as he shoved his face into the crook of Peter's neck. He hated the falling sensation that came with swinging downwards, and didn't understand how Peter did it every single day without fail. Prehaps it was a feeling you grew accostumed to, but Gray didn't understand how someone could comfortably hurl themselves off of a building and not even bat an eye. 

 They landed roughly on the ground, Gray detaching himself from Peter as he whipped his head around. His ribs hurt when he run, but he tried to ignore it as he spotted Tony slumped on the ground, his hand pressed to his chest. 

 Peter followed close behind, yelling out a concerned "mister Stark!" As Gray dropped to his knees, his hand reaching forward to press against the wound blooming through his broken suit. His hand came back coated red, and he felt his stomach twist into a knot. "Oh shit, what happened? Are you okay?"