014. spitting image

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER FOURTEEN 。・:*:・゚"spitting image"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER FOURTEEN 。・:*:・゚
"spitting image"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

GRAY WASN'T SURE HOW he got to this point in his life.

All he wanted was to protect Peter Parker from imminent death by accompanying him on some sort of educational field trip in Europe. And now, he was in Prague. And to get here, he had to publicly roast Nick Fury, stop Peter from killing some random classmate with an evil drone, and learn that he had a real middle name. 

 He was beginning to develop a stress migraine.

 The lights weren't helping. They were everywhere, courtesy of the parade that was currently filling the streets. Bright, colorful outfits and lights danced in front of Gray's vision, making his forehead tinge in pain. Still, he didn't want to look away. The view was beautiful, even if it was tainted by the knowledge that they were there to save the world... again.

 Two times saving the world and he wasn't even eighteen yet.

 He shoved his hands into the pockets of his hoodie as the group entered the elegant hotel. The ceilings were so high that Gray had to crane his neck to see the top, pillars reaching upwards, swirling with intricate designs carved into the stone. Gray's mouth dropped open, and MJ came up beside him and laughed. "Pretty cool, huh?"

 "I've never even been anywhere this fancy." He admitted, wonder evident in his eyes as they traveled around the foyer. 

 MJ nudged his shoulder with her own. "We're first class, now."

 Gray grinned, turning to look down at the girl. "Hell yeah, we are." He laughed, pointing across the room, where a grand piano sat proudly in front of a group of tables. "A piano!"

 "Do you play?" 

 "No, but I still think they're cool."

 The group gathered around, Mr. Harrington doing a poor job at containing the excitement in his voice. "Everyone get settled in, rest up, because tonight, big surprise, is Prague's annual..." he gestured to the poster to his left with a grin. "Carnival of lights!"

  That explains the lights. Gray thought, his attention drifting over to Peter as he ducked out of the circle to answer a phone call. He was about to follow him, but decided against it. He didn't need to raise any suspicion within the group. 

 He turned his head in time to see Brad staring at him. He focused his face into a steely glare, his eyes narrowing, and the boy looked away. He turned back to look at the poster, unease making his eyebrows furrow. If they were supposed to fight the Elementals here, in the city, then what would they do about the thousands of people on the streets?

 "You seem to be in deep thought," MJ mused, picking at a string on her sweater. "Anything you wanna share with the class, Gray?"

 He blinked, doing his best to act natural. "Nope. I just think that carnivals are... lame."