016. irrational and over-emotional

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER SIXTEEN 。・:*:・゚"irrational and over-emotional"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER SIXTEEN 。・:*:・゚
"irrational and over-emotional"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

BASED ON A REALLY CONVENIANT turn of events, Gray and Peter ended up arriving back at the hotel at the exact same time. 

 Realistically, he was kind of the last person that Gray wanted to see at that moment. After the alley, he had wandered around Prague for a bit with his gigantic opera suit swallowing him whole. He couldn't focus on anything but the ache in his stomach, and he stopped to breathe until that feeling passed. Still, the eyes of the dead watched his every move. Ironic... specter.

Still, Gray knew he wasn't really upset with Peter. He was upset with everyone - and he guessed that Peter technically fell into that category - but the boy didn't do anything wrong knowingly. Gray figured that his frusteration was what was making him so upset.

 After all - he was the only one who wasn't stupid. And he didn't mean that in a condescending manner - although it certainly sounded like it. He just felt as if everyone around him was so enamored by the prospect of a "new" Iron Man, that they were completely blind to the old one. The real one. And Gray knew that he was perhaps being irrational and over-emotional; but he couldn't forget Tony that easily. And he couldn't forgive anyone who could. 

 Plus, Beck was the biggest fucking weirdo in any multiverse. Fine, maybe that part was irrational and over-emotional; but Gray felt the encapsulating urge to punch something whenever he pictured the man's face. And there was something that didn't add up about those elementals either - he couldn't turn his back on that. 

 He didn't say any of this when he saw Peter. The two just awkwardly stopped in front of each other; Gray stuffing his hands into the pockets of his massive blazer; Peter nervously shifting from foot to foot. It was dark enough that onlookers wouldn't think twice if they glanced at the two; but not dark enough to hide the red on both of their faces. 

 Gray decided that he didn't want to talk first, but eventually the urge became overwhelming. "Did Mysterio buy you a capri-sun?"

  He was trying to break the tension, but the words came out way more hostile than he was aiming for. He was about to backtrack, but Peter spoke up before he had the chance.

 "Apple juice, actually." He said with a small smile, and Gray couldn't help but chuckle softly. He crossed his arms tightly across his stomach to try and stablize his nerves, and inhaled deeply before he spoke.

 "Um..." he ran a nervous hand through his hair. "Good job back there."

 Peter nodded. "You too."

 Gray wanted to kill himself. Instead, he just puffed his cheeks out and tapped his foot against the ground. "Okay, fuck this. I'm sorry for being a dickhead, Parker, but I really just don't like Mysterio."