009. adventures in babysitting

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER NINE 。・:*:・゚"adventures in babysitting"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER NINE 。・:*:・゚
"adventures in babysitting"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

"HEY, BETTY."

It had been a grand total of thirty minutes before this plane ride became interesting. Gray was sitting there, his resting bitch face coming out as he nervously eyed the safety manuels, thinking of how lame it would be if, after everything he survived, he died in a plane crash. Thankfully, his depressing thoughts were interrupted by the same boy Gray saw Peter talking to earlier, standing in front of him with a sheepish smile on his face. 

 Gray cocked an eyebrow at him, before crossing his arms and sitting up straighter, glancing over at Betty, who seemed just as perplexed. "Yes?" She asked, her cheeks still red as Gray turned to look out of the window, wondering how long he would be trapped inside of this death contraption.

 "There's an old lady sitting in front of us wearing a crazy amount of perfume." He began, making Gray stifle a laugh as he bowed his head, ruffling his hair. "And it's kind of setting off Peter's allergies, so Betty, if you could just switch seats with him, that would be-" 

 The girl cut him off, "Peter's allergic to perfume?" 

 "Uh, yeah, it makes his eyes water, and he can't really-" 

 "Peter has a perfume allergy?" The head of Mr. Harrington popped up from the seats in front of them, only increasing Gray's urge to laugh. The man didn't even hesitate in standing up, stepping away from his seat, "I know from experience that perfume allergies are no joke, I can feel hives breaking out already, Betty, Grayson, stand up."  

 Gray took a moment to laugh to himself, bewildered by just how wrong this was going for Peter as he slid out of his seat. 

 "Grayson, go sit next to Michelle, Ned, take Grayson's seat." He began ordering people around, and Gray blinked, unsure if the man had forgotten that he has no clue who the fuck any of these people are.  

 "Michelle!" A feminine voice said, and he turned around to see a girl sitting a few rows back, pointing to herself, "That's me." 

 Gray nodded, smiling at the girl as he moved to sit down. She was pretty, with dark hair tied back into a ponytail and a small, forced looking smile on her face as he sat down. "I'm Gray, I'm uh-" 

 "Exchange student?" 

 "Yeah," he chuckled nervously. Michelle shot him a look as she dug around her bag.  

 "You look nervous," she pointed out, and Gray shrugged. 

 "I've never really been on a plane before." 

 "Neither have I," the girl admitted, shrugging and brushing some hair from her eyes. She showcased a small object to Gray, making him squint to try and figure out what it is. "Wanna watch a movie?" She asked, "It's a duel-headphone adaptor, I guess it's supposed to connect headphones or something? Whatever-" she pursed her lips, Gray actually smiling.