i. meet chuck!

o. GIVE EM HELL,
[ 1.02 ] MEET CHUCK !

          THERE STOOD MIGUEL DIAZ, standing around looking for a lunch table to sit at as he kept a extra tight grip onto his lunch tray. He turned his head toward one direction, only to see the guy from last night, Kyler. The guy who hassled him for messing up his beer scam but was beaten along with his friends by his sensei, Johnny Lawrence, for  messing with his classic vehicle.

Kyler and his friends were near the vending machine, trying to shake any snacks they could.

Miguel shook his head, turning the other direction to see a group of friends laughing and skating.

"Nah, bruh, you gotta do it like this." One of the guy spoke, trying to demonstrate a trick.

A black kid with pink hair shook his head, leading the guy to a chair. "Take a seat, you can't skate for shit, yo."

Once the group of friends started laughing, Miguel decided against bothering them and heading toward a table of two boys and a empty seat.

"Hey, is it cool if I sit here?" He asked them.

The talkative geek, Demetri, decided to respond with a witty joke before insisting that the new kid could sit with them. After introducing themselves to each other, the rich girls had walked past Miguel's table to get to their, catching his attention.

"Dude, don't torture yourself." Demetri suggested before telling Miguel who those girls actually were.

The Rich Girl, or in some cases, the mean girls of West Valley High.

After being asked if they ever talked to the rich girls, Demetri sarcastically begin rambling before telling Miguel that he had signed his chances of losing his virginity before college.

"Oh shit, Yasmine's looking at us." Eli had noticed, giving him the stank face. "Probably just making fun of me."

Miguel claimed that she couldn't been making in fun of him, because not all hot girls are mean girls.

Right?

Of course, Demetri shook his head in disagreement as he went back to his food.

Eli was right, Yasmine was making fun of him, she was making fun of his sweater that looked like as if his granny had sewed for him. But she was quickly distracted by Aisha, making fun of her weight.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school. I'd kill both of you just to get her to spit in my face."

"Then why not make a move, Lil Dede." Miguel looked up to see the black kid with pink hair at the table now.

"And suffer a humiliating rejection? I'm good, I'm at peace with my depression." Demetri answered.

The kid chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Pathetic."

The kid eyes landed on Eli, smirking at him. "Lip."

But Eli didn't respond, he just looked down at his tray. Shyly playing in his food as the kid watched him.

"Don't say I never shot my shot." The kid directed at Eli, evidently sparking something in the new kid.

"What are you doing?" Demetri asked Miguel who had stood up, The kid looked over at him.

"Striking first." Miguel quoted.

The kid grinned, "Now that the spirit, new kid."

"Oh shit." Demetri groaned as the kid turned around to watch Miguel take a shot at one of the rich girl.

Miguel walked back over to the table, hearing the kid who name he yet to know talking. "You owe me ten bucks, losers."

"That's not how a bet work, Chuck!" Demetri shouted at him but he continued just walking away toward the vending machine where his friends probably was. Demetri sighed, turning to Miguel, "So, how'd it go?" Giving him one of those 'look what you did' look.

THE SIDELINE !

yeah, yeah. I know it's short.
just think of it as a prologue,
introducing the characters to
the show. mkay? okay. okay.

voiqstiiles © twentytwentytwo.