iii. missing brother!

o. GIVE EM HELL,
[ 1.04 ] MISSING BROTHER !

          CHUCK OPENED HIS LOCKER, placing his textbooks inside, trading out other books and placing them inside his backpack before putting the backpack on. As he goes to close his locker, his phone started ringing.

He pulled out his phone, "Hello?"

"Chuck?" A kid voice could be heard on the other line, "Is this Chuck?"

"Um, yeah. Who's this?" Chuck questioned the caller, closing his locker.

"It's Maggie's mother." She stated, "I was calling tell you that I couldn't find DJ, did you pick him up?"

"Did I pick him up?" Chuck furrowed his eyebrows, panicking. "Of course not, ma'am. He supposed to be going over your house."

"Well I haven't seen him, and I'm starting to worry."

"Um, I'll be right there." Chuck hung up, quickly rushing off toward the exit.

He quickly braked his skateboard, walking up to the school entrance.

"Chuck!" Maggie called out for him, heading his way. "They aren't giving me any details because I'm not exactly family, only a friend."

Chuck nodded as he walked into the Principal's office, "Where the hell is my brother?"

"Sorry, I'm gonna have to put you on hold for a brief moment." The principal placed the call on hold and then looked at Chuck. "I'm sorry, who's your brother?"

"DJ Langston."

"He picked up by..." The principal typed away on his computer before pulling up a name. "A Chuck Langston."

"I'm Chuck Langston." Chuck stated.

"Oh, god." The principal gasped, "You don't say?"

"Who the hell did you give my brother to?" Chuck snapped, "Do you have security footage?"

"Camera are currently down at the moment." The principal responded.

Chuck frustratingly exhaled, "If something happens to him, I'm coming back here and suing the hell out of you for everything you have."

Chuck walked out of the office, Maggie stood up from her seat "What happened? What did he say?"

Chuck continued walking away from her, Maggie didn't bother following him.

"HI, THIS IS PROBABLY MY FIFTY TIME CALLING, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DOING OR WHO YOU WITH BUT I COULD REALLY USE YOUR HE—" Chuck turned around from locking his door, pausing as he seen his brother sitting on the couch and father passed out with a beer bottle in his hand.

Chuck ran over to his brother, hugging him. "Oh my god, you scared me, kiddo. Where have you been?"

"Did you hit you?" Chuck checked for marks or bruises on DJ's body, DJ shook his head.

"Dad picked me up." DJ explained, "Says we was going to bond like son and father today."

"Did you bond?" Chuck questioned, DJ shook his head. "He used you?"

DJ nodded his head, Chuck chuckled. "I'm so sorry, this won't ever happen again. Trust me."

"Promise?" DJ asked.

"I promise." Chuck nodded surely, hugging DJ. "Let's run you a quick bath and I'll make dinner."

DJ smiled and Chuck stood up, "Go on." DJ ran off down the hallway to one of the door.

Chuck looked over at his father, shaking his head disappointingly.

          THE NEXT MORNING, a dressed Chuck walked into the kitchen to his brother eating cereal at the dining table and his father leaning against the counter, drinking coffee. His father and him exchanged glances at each other before Chuck walked up behind DJ. "Hey, bud. Go put on your shoes, we leaving early to get some muffins."

"Okay." DJ slid back the chair and stood up, running down the hallway.

Chuck waited until he knew DJ was out of sight, "Don't ever do that again."

"Do what?"

"Kidnap him from school."

"Can't kidnap a kid that's mine." His father countered.

"Then why use my name instead your?" Chuck interrogated, his father didn't respond. "That what I thought."

"Who the hell do you think you talking to, boy?"

"You asswipe." Chuck called out, "You just couldn't wait to get your hand on that dumb check to drown yourself in beers."

"Watch who the hell you're talking to!"

Chuck scoffed, "What a fucking loser."

"I'm ready!" Chuck rushed back into the kitchen and Chuck grabbed his backpack off the chair.

"Let's go." Chuck guided DJ toward the front door by his head, closing the door behind him.

Chuck's father slammed the mug onto the ground, smashing it.

"What was that?" DJ asked.

Chuck shrugged, "A bird, maybe. Wanna go see Robby?"

"Yeah!" DJ perked up.

THE SIDELINE !

this entire episode was
on daddy issue, lol. so
meet chuck's daddy issue.
ugh, i'm lovin this story.
mkay? mkay? okay. okay.

voiqstiiles © twentytwentytwo.