ii. why are they so hostile, huh?

O

O. why are they so hostile, huh?
they attacked us & cheated !

The sound of the heart monitors beeping loudly in the rooms beside him was close to giving him an unwanted headache, it was slowly becoming annoying to hear them every week. He wanted these trips to the hospital to be over, fast.

The doctor came in, "Mr. Langston, how are we feeling?"

Unsure who he was referring to, they both Chuck and Ward answered, "Fine."

The doctor laughed, "That's good to hear," She smiled, sitting the board down to wash her hand and then dry them off with a napkin before taking off Chuck's cast.

"So, Doc... will the cast be coming off today?" Chuck asked anxiously, bouncing a bit.

The doctor poked around his injured leg, Chuck bit down on his lips to keep from whining from the small pain. The doctor caught on to it, writing down notes on a piece of paper. "I think we should give it another week."

Chuck was taken aback by it, growing furious, "Why? I'm completely ready to walk without it, Doc."

"I know you want this cast off of you as soon as possible, Chuck,"

Chuck interrupted, "I don't want it off, I need it off!"

"--Well you have to trust the process, Okay? You'll be out of the cast before you know it. Alright?" Doctor clarified to him, putting Chuck's cast back on him.

Chuck looked at his father who looked back at him, Chuck shook his head as he sighed in frustration. "Fine. I'll give this process a week before sue y'all asses."

Doc laughed, washing her hands and then drying them off, "Follow me, Dad," She instructed before leading them out the room and down the hall.

Chuck scoffed as he looked down at his injured leg, so what if hurt just a tad bit, it wasn't like what he experienced at the beginning of this. He knew could handle it.

He sighed, sliding down the hospital bed to get off, almost falling off but is caught by an unexpected guest, "Eli?"

"Hawk," He corrected him.

"Yeah, Hawk..." Chuck stood up straight, leaning against the hospital bed. "What are you doing here?"