i. the other way of karate.

o. episode one.
THE OTHER WAY OF KARATE!

          WITH VICTORY, the cobra kai celebrated their win the day after, but the real winner wasn't feeling it at all. He had searched up Sam's instagram only to find that he been blocked by her, guilt was written all over his face prior to his friends coming over to check up on him.

"El Serpiente," Hawk grinned, walking to other side of him, "There you are." He sat in the seat.

"This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha questioned, sliding into the empty seat.

"She blocked me." Miguel simply informed them.

"So, what happens when you get blocked?" Hawk quizzed, "You counter-punch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time." He tried making a joke.

Aisha glared at Hawk, he felt awkward, "What? too soon?" Hawk sighed, "Look, all I'm saying is don't give up now."

"It's no use." Miguel replied, "I blew my shot I had with her. Even Chuck hate me now."

"Who cares what that pussy, Chuck, think? He wasn't Cobra Kai material." Hawk pointed out, "There's no need to feel sorry for that loser."

Miguel didn't respond, he just shook his head.

"As for Sam, just give her more time." Aisha tried comforts him, "She'll come around."

          "I DON'T KNOW," Chuck yelled over to Robby, pushing board faster before lifting his foot onto the board and skating a few feet ahead of Robby. "It was just more of a feeling... a horrible feeling. Karate is bad."

The two was heading toward the skate park this morning, something they haven't done in a while, plus it've been two days since the tournament and the best-friend haven't seen each other since.

"Not all karate are bad." Robby disagreed, catching up to Chuck.

"If you say so," Chuck stopped, lifting up his board and picking it up.

Robby done the same, but tried picking up his board with his injured arm.

Chuck sprinted his eyes at him, "You sure taking off that thing was a good decision?"

"Yeah," Robby sighed, taking a seat on the bench, "Shoulder is healing a little faster."

"I bet," Chuck didn't believe, taking a seat beside Robby. "Why do you even feel the need to beat Johnny at this? What are you accomplishing?"

Robby shrugged, watching a father teaching his son how to skate. "Can't really explain."

"Well..." Chuck started, trailing off to look over at Robby, "I don't think fighting fire with fire is the way to go about it. You see they like playing dirty."

"Exactly." Robby turned around, putting a leg up on the bench. "Mr. LaRusso going to teach me how to be better prepared for whatever Johnny and Cobra Kai throws at me."

"And how's he going to do?"

"Simple. Defense, Balance." Robby answered as simple as he could. "If you trained with Mr. LaRusso you would understand the real difference between fighting with anger and fighting at peace."

Chuck thought about it, turning his head off to the side to think more about what Robby had said.

Chuck entered his apartment, he was greeted by his father drinking in his chair, watching his young and the restless. Chuck didn't get the excitement about the old show but he knew never to question it. "Hey, I'm home! Brought dinner. Where's DJ?"

"Eh," Ward took a tip of his drink, waving his hand around as he answered. "Something about hanging with his friends at the park."

"Oh," Chuck sat the bag down, "Well, look like it's just me and you... think you can manage?"

Ward exhaled, nodding his head. "Of course."

Chuck walked over with the bag, taking a seat on the couch. "Noodles?"

"You know it." Ward sat down his beer, reaching over to grab the box of noddles and fork.

Chuck then grabbed a box of rice, putting soy sauce on it before eating it. "I have a question..."

Ward swallowed, shocked. "You want my opinion on it?"

Chuck shrugged, "You're kinda the only adult I have to talk to as we speak."

"Okay." Ward nodded, "Hit me."

"Well, I have this friend who used to be violence and they believed the best way to challenge it was joining a fight club but it turned out that the fight club wasn't the best person for me— I mean, him. Now his friend think he should join another fight club that only insist on defense instead of offense. Should they take it?" Chuck asked, scooping rice into his mouth as Ward answered.

"Well, it's always been better for me to be on offense because it shows who boss," Ward said, wrapping noodles on his fork. "But defense? That isn't so bad. It helps to be prepared for the attack."

"So he should... join the other fight club?" Chuck questioned.

Ward shrugged, "Only if you want to."

Chuck looked at him for a second and then back at the screen, eating his rice.

Later that night, Daniel LaRusso was speaking to Sam LaRusso and Robby Keene,

"Not even open 24 hours and I've doubled my roster."

"Tripled." Daniel, Sam, and Robby turned their head to see Chuck standing their with his hands shoved in back jeans pocket.

"Chuck? What are you doing here?" Robby asked by surprise, Chuck stepped down.

"You said I should learn the difference between fighting with anger and fighting at peace, and let's just say with a little advice I decided to accept it."

Robby smiled at him as Daniel welcomed him, "Well, welcome to Miyagi-Do Karate, step in." Chuck stood beside Sam as Daniel continues, "I've got a good feeling about this. All right, you guys should all get some rest. Because this summer, you're gonna be spending a lot of time back here together."

The three of them exchanged glances at each other, smiling before turning back to Daniel.

THE SIDELINE !

advice from ward?
i'm shocked, but
don't expect to much
from him. he still a
asshole until chuck
says isn't. hahahaha !

don't hate eli, hate hawk.
that was true reaction from
the cobra kai jerk. *groans*

voiqstiiles © twentytwentytwo.