iv. nothing can replace the real thing.

O

O. nothing can replace the real thing.
we are in this together, okay ?

Was his eyes playing tricks on him or was his biological mother standing before him, outside of his home waiting to be invited in. He didn't know what games Ward or his mother was trying to play with him but he didn't have time to join them. Not this time.

He stared at the woman who would've been his mother if she haven't pulled the 'going to the store to get milk' bullshit on them.

Better yet, taking him and DJ with her.

"What do you want? Why are you here?"

She didn't answer the question, "Aren't you going to invite me in?"

"No."

"Yes." Ward invited her in, Chuck shot him a disappointed stare. "Would you like something to drink? Water? A beer?"

She walked in, talking a seat on the couch. "Water would fine."

"Coming right up," Ward grabbed a cup as Chuck took a seat on the couch.

"Still haven't answered my question, why are you here?" Chuck asked, "And please, don't say to be one happy family because that's not gonna happen."

She dodged the question again, "Wow, you've really grown. A lot."

"Thanks to dad,"

He didn't mean it, because didn't shape him into the person he is today. He did himself, without his mother or Ward. They was too involved with themselves to teach their children to themselves or the value of life.

"He did a great job," She grabbed the cup from Ward, "Thanks."

Ward nodded, taking a seat in his leather recliner chair. "So, what bring you by, Grace?"

She looked at Ward, "I wanted to talk you, both of you." Then her eyes directed at Chuck. "It's about DJ."

"What about him?" Chuck asked.

Grace took a deep breath before proposing what she wanted. "I want custody of him, at least, joint."

Chuck scoffed, "You want what?"