Lunchtime

First part of my day went good. Both my first classes always started of easy. I had to move lockers as well, because my old one's door fell off. So I was making my way to my new locker, but guess what, two teens were making out right in front of it. I decided to stand and wait till they were done, but they took forever. "That's an impossible task," a person said coming up next to me. It was him, the boy from before.

"Yeah, they've been doing that for five minutes. Wouldn't you expect their tongues to fall out by now?" I joked, and he let out a soft laugh.

"Well I have no book for geography now," he said.

"I have mine here, if you want to borrow it," I said and offered the book in my hands. My first period had been geography. Him borrowing something would also mean he would have to return it. "Thanks," he said and showed a smile, before he turned and walked to what I supposed was his classroom.

🕷️

Fast forward to lunchtime. I was sitting in the courtyard with Tristan. It felt like I was being watched, but I didn't know why. "Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" was being chanted by a crowd a few meters away. I didn't see who it was, but it soon stopped. I heard a crash before I went over myself to see what had happened. It was Gordon, a little kid many years below me. He was on the ground, covered in sauce. I rushed over to him before I could even look at Flash, who definitely started up another problem.

"Are you okay?" I asked Gordon. I had known him since he was born. His father and my father worked together, and I usually babysat him and his siblings. Gordon nodded and sat up. I was about to take him to the nurse's office, before Flash shouted: "Come on, get up Parker!"

Parker, it was the cute boy from before. I looked up to see the boy did in fact get up, just for Flash to punch him in the stomach and he hit the floor again. "Come on! Get up!" Flash shouted and kicked his back.

"Still not taking the picture," Parker said and looked at me, or maybe at Gordon. At least I didn't know what to do, if I should have help him out or not.

"Flash! Flash... we still on for after school today? My house 3:30?" Gwen had walked into the circle of people standing around. Gwen Stacy was one of the girls I had some classes with last year. She had few to no friends, but we knew each other a little. Her father worked with my mother. Actually Mister Stacy was my mom's boss. "I hope you did your homework, last time I was very disappointed in you," Gwen continued. Flash tried to cut her off, but she interrupted. "Flash how about we go to class?"

The bell rang and everyone started moving. "Do you need to go see the nurse?" I asked Gordon, but still looking at Peter. He was picking up his camera. "Let's go," I said and took Gordon to the nurse.

I turned up late for the next class, chemistry. There was only one spot left, the one right in front of Parker. I sat down, and wondered whether to speak to him or not. I decided to do it. In the morning I had chickened out, so it was my second chance. "I think what you did was great," I said and turned to face him. He looked at me in surprise. "What?"

"I think standing up for Gordon was kind of you. It was stupid, but it was great." He still looked at me a little startled. "Have you gone to the nurse?" I asked, just to make sure the conversation wasn't one-sided. He shook his head no. "What's your name?" I asked.

"You don't know my name?" he asked. Finally, some words. He was shy, and very awkward, but cute. I freaked a bit, since I did not know his first name, so I lied.

"No I know you name, I'm wondering if you know your name. You might have a concussion."

"Peter," he said and bit his lower lip. "Peter Parker," he said and I laughed softly. "Okay, good," I laughed and turned my attention back to the board. He could have given me my book. Did he forget, or did he just want to do it later? Maybe he just wanted an excuse to talk to me. "I would still go to the nurse though," I added after a while of quiet.

"You're Cove Porter, right?" he asked. I nodded and smiled. He knew my name.