Spiderman

"Mom, have you seen that guy helping the cops lately? I mean that dude is crazy-" my brother started, but my mom interrupted. 

"He's an anarchist, and yes he is crazy. I saw him yesterday, it is impossible to arrest him," she said, putting down her fork. 

"Arrest him?" I asked. "Why would you arrest him if he's helping you?" 

"You guys are too young to understand, but he's not really helping us." 

The past three days, the news had been going crazy over this guy helping the cops catching criminals. I thought it was amazing, but not because of what he was doing, more of how he was doing it. He was shooting webs out of his wrists and swinging through the air like Tarzan.

I knew it was Peter from the moment I saw the first clip posted about him. I had helped him make those webs myself, and I recognized his jacked. What I didn't understand was why he was doing it. His uncle had just died and he starts to swing through New York like a monkey? It didn't make sense. 

Three days went without me saying anything about it to Peter. He probably thought he was sneaky and that he had been able to fool me. We were walking home that Friday, behind two of the biggest geeks in our school. "Extraordinary velocity vector is a function of both mass and acceleration," one of them said, showing a clip of the flying man on his iPad.

"Oh come on you know better than anyone that the weight of any pendulum has no affect on swing speed!" the other one exclaimed.

"It doesn't affect frequency, but it's totally a factor in momentum!" the one boy said, and I turned to Peter and laughed. 

"Imagine caring about such a stupid thing," I joked and smirked at him. He didn't know that I knew. 

Later that day I was walking home from Tristan. I had been tutoring him. It was dark and cold, so I tightened my jacket and walked a little faster. There was not one person to spot on the street, except for a man walking on the other side of the road. 

When I sped up, he sped up. When I slowed down, he slowed down. I walked into an alleyway, trying to shake him off, but he was fast. Then there was another guy in that alleyway walking towards me. I was trapped. 

"Hey young girl," the man walking towards me shouted. He was still far away. My heart started racing. This is it, this is where I die. I felt the man behind me running up to me. "It's rude not to answer," he said, and tried to grab my neck, but I kicked his leg and started running the other way.

Unfortunately, he caught up to me and grabbed me by my hair. He pinned me to the wall, and the other guy came over. "You think you can escape, huh? Well that's not how the world works little girl."

"Does she have any money?" the other guy asked, and he walked over to touch to feel if I had anything. All I had was my phone. He took it and put it in his pocket. "Please don't kill me," I cried, trying to get out of his grip.

"Why not?" the man holding me said, and tightned his crib around my throat. It was only seconds before I would have dozed off that he let go. I couldn't see why, I was too focused on getting my breath back. 

When I did, I looked up to see him. The one they called Spiderman. He was beating the shit out of the two men, and they didn't stand a chance. The two men eventually ran off, shouting to each other and trying to get away as fast as they could. 

Spiderman walked up to me. This only confirmed my assumption. "Your phone," he said, trying to make his voice sound deeper than it actually was. I didn't even say thank you, but he was moving closer to me. "Be careful Cove, you never know who's out there," he whispered, and turned fast as he understood what he had just said.

"You know my name," I said, running after him. "Stop! Please stop!" I tried, but he shot a web up to the top of the roof. "Peter!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He was out of sight. I turned to walk home again. I promised myself not to tell my mom, because she would work nonstop trying to figure out who those two men were.

Before I could even go out on the street again, I felt two hands grab my back and my feet leaving the ground. I screamed and held onto the person who was swinging me through the air. He stopped at the top of a skyscraper. 

He was still holding me. I took off his mask so it showed his lips, and I already knew it was him. Those lips were unforgettable. "Peter," I whispered, but he could barely hear it because of the wind. "Cove," he whispered back, before leaning in. 

His lips touched mine. It was a good kiss that I had been longing for since I saw him in that hall hanging up the debate team's picture. I liked Peter Parker, and I only hoped he liked me back.