The Antidote

I came in late the next day at school because I had a free period in the beginning of the day. I was just going to the bathroom before class, when the ground started shaking. I looked into the stall in front of me, the toilet was falling down. 

A giant, green hand came up, and I ran. I screamed as I got out of the restroom and ran to find Peter. He was standing by his locker, talking to Gwen. "Peter! You have to do something," I said and I grabbed Gwen and ran the other way. I stopped to see if Peter was doing fine, he was. It seemed like he had to handled. 

We ran upstairs, but I couldn't leave like the others had. I felt like Peter would need the help. I saw Connors holding Peter down in the hallway right next to where I was. There was nothing around me except for a chair, so I grabbed it and made my way into the hall. Before Connors could kill Peter, I hit him with the chair. It certainly got his attention. "Cove," the lizard said and got his hand out to grab me, but Peter stepped in and got him all covered in webs and tied up. 

He grabbed me by the waist. "I'm going to throw you out the window," he said, and he did. I screamed just because I was startled. After a while, an officer came by and helped me down. I tried to call Peter, because it didn't seem like he was at the school any longer. He picked up. "I'm in the sewer, I'm tracking him. I gotta stop him before anyone gets hurt, but we need an antidote. Do you know how to run a serum?" he asked.

"Yes, I do it all the time."

"Okay, I need you to go to Oscorp and to access cross-species file, you know the blue serum. File 12389,"

"Okay, got it. On my way. Please be careful," I said before hanging up the phone. 

I made my way to the center and into Doctor James' office. The files should have been on his computer too since it was all a network. I found the file and started cooking the antidote when Peter called. "Are you there?" he asked. "Yes, the antidote is cooking," I said. "No no no! Get out of there! Connors is on the way. He's coming to you right now."

The antidote had only eight minutes left. I had to stay. "He needs the device, he gonna infect the whole city!" Peter said. 

"There's eight minutes left."

"You are gonna wait eight minutes after what I just told you? People are gonna die! You leave right now!" Peter insisted, but I knew I couldn't leave. 

"I will get everybody out," I said and hung up the phone. 

I made my way to the emergency button and typed in the code. 1 3 5 6. The one Max taught me when I first came there. The alarm went off and everyone started moving towards the exits, but I stayed. 

After a while the lights went out, or they were flickering. I grabbed a lighter and held it close to the roof so the sprinklers would come on and shut the doors. It was only one minute left, but Connors had already broken through the door. I went into a closet, and waited for him to come by. 

Eventually he did, but he didn't see me. I stood up, but it was a terrible mistake. Something inside the closet hit the ground and splattered all over the floor. I tried to prevent the liquid from running outside of the closet, but I only cut myself and it all over my hands. 

Connors had heard me. He opened the door. I had been wrong before, this is where I die. 

I grabbed the nearest thing I could find and pressed the button. Fire spat out from the patron, and the lizard just grabbed the other device and left me alone. I let out a huge sigh of relief. I looked out. The antidote was finished, so I grabbed it and ran outside. 

"Mom!" I yelled. She was in her car outside of Oscorp. "I have to get this to Spiderman!" 

"Get in the car Cove, please," mom said, but I refused. 

"Mom please! You don't understand!"

"I do understand, I won't risk you. I'll go give it to Peter. I love you, now get in the car!" she said and handed me over to another officer. 

"Make sure he's okay," I said to her, before she took went back inside. 

There was nothing left I could do.