Giant Lizard

"Hey Cove, I know you can't talk right now and that you're with Tristan but I just wanted to let you know that I stopped by Oscorp and you were right. There is something going on with Connors and I think he might be the lizard, he had weird stuff on his neck and wouldn't let me stay there. I just saw lizards going down to the sewer system, so I'm gonna go down there to see what's up. Don't call me back, I just wanted to let you know. Okay see you, bye," I heard Peter say on my voicemail.

I was with Tristan in my room, working on his history paper. "Who was that?" he asked. 

"Peter, I just need to call him back quickly," I said and left the room. Damn, he didn't answer. I tried again, and again, but he still did not answer. I went back to my room. It was getting pretty late, and I was worried about him.

"Do you think we could do the rest tomorrow?" I asked Tristan. 

"Why? Is your boyfriend coming over?" he mocked. 

"No, I need to go find him, he is not answering."

"Don't worry, I'll be back at four tomorrow," Tristan said before packing up and leaving. It was nearly nine pm, and it was cold outside. I grabbed a pair of warmer shoes and my jacket, before heading for the door, before I heard something on the window. 

It was Peter, knocking with his forhead. He looked horrible. "Come in," I said and started taking off my jacked and shoes. He opened the window. "You should maybe, you know, consider coming in through the lobby," I joked. He laughed softly, but I heard that he was exhausted. "Also, my mother thinks that you require psychiatrical attention. I came home from school and she told me how you went to her office and- Peter!" I said, but he was nearly falling to the floor. "What happened? What happened?" I asked as I guided him to a chair. 

"You should see the other guy," Peter tried to joke, but I didn't find it funny. "The other guy, in this instance a giant mutant lizard." I started taking his suit off. 

"Cove! Do you want some cocoa? Mommy is making some!" my little sister asked from the hall. 

"Be quiet," I said to Peter and made my way to the door. "No Alice, I do not want cocoa, I am seventeen years old." 

"But what about our chocolate house?" Alice cried. 

"It's very impractical Alice, I changed my mind," I said and closed the door. I turned to see Peter smiling very cutely. 

"I would love a chocolate house," he teased. I rolled my eyes at him and opened the door again to see Alice still waiting. "I'm sorry Alice, that was mean. But you know I'm doing work for school so I can't right now. I'll come down and see you later." I closed the door again, and made sure it was locked before moving my way over to Peter. He had taken his suit off and was sitting on the floor, huge claw-marks on his chest. 

I grabbed a towel and some water from my glass and sat down in front of him. "You really have to clean this," I said and started rubbing the towel on his marks. He was grunting from the pain, so I stopped for just a second. He smiled and leaned in to kiss me. "Easy bug boy," I joked, but mostly to keep myself focused. I wanted to kiss him, but not when he needed medical help. He laughed.

"What did you call me?" he laughed, but kissed my cheek. "I'm going to be alright," he whispered and tried to kiss me again, but I slowly moved back. I couldn't. 

"No, no you won't. I won't. I know what you are doing Peter," I said and tried to start cleaning his scars again. 

"What?" 

"I don't want to be worried about you and where you are all the time. Before you got here I was just about to go out looking for you." I stopped. Tears were forming in my eyes. I never thought I would like Peter this much and care about him like this. "I can't let you go out there, and then lose you." He grabbed my cheek and stroked it slowly.

"I got you, I won't let that happen." He put his forehead against mine. "I gotta stop him though. I have to, because I gave him the equation. This is my responsibility."

"I know, and you're probably the only one who can stop him. And don't get me wrong I like this side of you, I just wish Spiderman wasn't Peter Parker."

"But I am, and I'm sorry. But someone needs to fix this, and it's my mess so I have to," Peter said and pulled me in closer. I kissed him. I think we both needed it. He pulled away, looked at me and smiled softly. I felt my cheeks getting warm. "You are so pretty," he said and kissed my lips again. "And so out of my leauge," he laughed.

"You're Spiderman, you could anyone you want," I said.

"No no, I want you."