Orange Juice

I took a cab to Oscorp, and I was five minutes late. Doctor James didn't mind though. When I walked into his lab, he just smiled and rushed over to me. "Cove, good, you're here!" he said enthusiastic. "You have got to taste this new orange juice the supermarket down my street just got!" he said and held out a glass of orange juice out. 

It tasted like orange juice, but something was different. "It's good," I said, not daring to say anything else. He was my boss after all. We got to work and I worked that day until late at night. 

Just before I left, I could see Peter in the hall. "Parker!" I shouted, and he turned rapidly. He smiled as he saw me running up to him. "Have you been here all day?" I asked. He nodded. 

"Yeah, I was working on something with Doctor Conners. Have you been here all day as well?" he asked, and I nodded. There was something wrong, I could sense it. I felt dizzy, and felt like I couldn't stand upright. "Are you alright?" Peter asked, right before my knees gave in. He caught me and helped me back on my feet. "Come on, I'll take you home."

We walked to my apartment and he walked me to the door. I had been feeling better on the walk. "Thank you for... you know... walking me home," I said and nudged my nose. 

"No problem, goodnight Cove," he said, and I could've sworn he was leaning in. We were inches apart, when something hit my head. 

"Oh, sorry!" my brother said as she walked past me. "Who's this?" he asked and looked at Peter. 

"Peter Parker, he goes to my school," I said, and held the back of my head. 

"Boyfriend?" my brother asked, making me hit him in the shoulder.

"Friend," I said, and Peter smiled awkwardly at my brother.

"Well, nice meeting you Dave!" my brother said and walked down the stairs. Peter laughed.

"That's not even remotely close!" I shouted after him, but he didn't care. I smiled at Peter, and he smiled back but started moving towards the staircase.

"I should get home, uncle's gonna be mad, but I'll see you at school," Peter said and turned. 

"See you tomorrow," I said and walked inside. I looked out my window to see him skate down the street. The grin on my face was not washable. I felt warm inside until I fell asleep that night.