Mondstadt Epilogue: Anamnesis Among the Dandelions

I smiled when I saw the spotted tail swishing behind the couch. Honestly, she keeps visiting everyday. Why does she still need to hide?

But not wanting to spoil the possible fun, I closed the door behind me and walked quietly by the side of the room.

And there she was. Diona was crouching behind the couch with her back facing me. She was looking over the couch as if expecting me to walk across the room.

I smiled wider and crouched to join her side. Diona seems to not have noticed me. I looked over the couch as she curiously stared.

"Who are we hiding from?" I asked.

"WAAAAHHH!" Diona yelled in surprise, sitting on the floor while scooting away from me.

Her blue-green eyes were wide. She looked like a startled kitty. I grinned. How cute.

"Y-Y-You... Don't scare me like that! What if I die of cardiac arrest or something?!" Diona yelled at me angrily.

"'Cardiac arrest'? Hahaha," I laughed lightly, "You're using some big words there, Diona. Who taught you that?"

"N-No one. I read it in one of Soleil's notebooks upstairs..." Diona said shyly.

Then she crossed her arms and huffed, "Why? Is it bad for little kids like me to study, huh? You think only you grown-ups can be smart?"

"I never said it was bad. I'm glad you are learning. It's a good thing to exercise your mind. If you continue, you'll definitely be one smart girl when you grow," I smiled.

"I'm already smart!" Diona corrected me sternly. "Of course, my bad," I raised my hands in surrender.

Growling like a little kitty, Diona turned her head away while her ears twitched. I chuckled and looked over the couch.

"So, who are we trying to hide from?" I asked teasingly. "You're not even funny," Diona huffed.

She got up and walked away, which I shrugged to. Diona rarely plays along with me. It almost looks like I'm the kid stuck in a man's body and she was the little grown-up.

"Ugh! Seriously?!" Diona said when she looked at the cupboards. She was standing on top of the counter while stretching her arms to keep the cabinets open.

"What?" I asked innocently. Diona glared as she showed me three empty wine bottles.

"Oh," I said and grinned. Diona slapped her forehead and placed the bottles back.

"Ugh... Soleil was right. You really need to be watched over. And by a kid, no less," she rolled her eyes, "Shame on you."

"I'm so lucky to have the wise little Diona guiding this lost soul of mine," I joked.

"You should be thankful, alright. I asked Miss Margaret to cut my shifts shorter just to visit you..." Diona grumbled.

"Why, thank you, then," I smiled. Diona blushed and glared, "Just so you know, I'm doing this for Soleil! Not for you!"

"But Soleil made you do it because she cares for me, right?" I smirked. Diona flinched, "That... Well..."

I grinned and leaned my chin on one hand. "Right?" I asked.

"I hate you. Hmph!" Diona mumbled and took some ingredients and some glasses. I laughed triumphantly.

"I win," I said. I was sure I was poking Diona's short temper but what can I say? She's cute when she's mad.

It has been two months since Soleil departed and went to Liyue. To say I missed her was an understatement.

There wasn't a single day I'd look up at the sky to wait for Soleil's messenger owl. She rarely sent letters but when she did, they were long. Really long.