Inazuma Epilogue I: Certitude of Hypermnesia

"Well, well, my fair lady. Is this run-down factory and these incompetent fools all for me? Wow, you shouldn't have," Scaramouche couldn't help but make a snide remark, scrunching his nose at his surroundings.

Signora remains as fair as a white rose in the midst of the foggy factory, like an inkling of white snow in the charcoal but as prickly as ice in the winter.

"Hah. What do you have to gain from belittling your subordinates? You might not want to admit it, but you are a part of this plan," she snapped back, "Perhaps you find fighting in the Abyss to be a more meaningful use of your time? Oh, but of course, even this pales in comparison to being experimented on by The Doctor."

Scaramouche's eyes narrowed slightly. But he immediately regained his composure.

"Heh, what a sharp tongue you have. Funny how negotiating never seems to be your strong suit," he mused and turned away, "For the task ahead, I suggest you keep your true feelings to yourself."

"Hmph, save your breath. I know what I have to do," Signora harrumphed. "I'm sure you think so, but I still think you need to hear it: Don't start thinking you're invincible. And don't let your emotions get in the way," Scaramouche said seriously.

Signora's lips curled in amusement. "Surely, you're not worried about me?" she mused.

"I just can't have you getting in my way. You and Childe never fail to find ways to complicate things," Scaramouche scoffed, crossing his arms.

"I'm merely lighting a little fire in this chaotic nation, but you... Being tossed out like trash must make you want to destroy it completely," Signora snapped back and smirked.

"Do you remember the last time you were here? That was a lot of swordsmiths you killed. I'm sure the descendants of the Raiden Gokaden are still suffering the consequences now," she added.

Scaramouche turned back to her, his dark glare slowly muddled with sparks of hidden emotions. They did not escape the smirking woman.

"Look at you... Aw, don't get so sentimental. Now, give that poor little tongue of yours a rest, and stop pretending like you're above everyone else," she cooed, deciding she won that banter, "Bye, then. See you at the victory feast."

Only when she disappeared did the hostility return to the Sixth Harbinger's face.

"'Poor little tongue'? Hahaha... She's playing with fire talking to me like that. Who does she think she is?" he snarled.

Forget it. Someone might find me here any minute now. I should prepare to give them a warm welcome, he thought. He looked around again.

Huh. It seems that gods are still useful even after death. Who would've thought? You get to learn something new everyday.

Scaramouche didn't expect anything else from being designated to the Delusion Factory inside Inazuma. He was just there as La Signora's collaborator. But even the idea made his nose scrunch in disapproval.

La Signora never made an appeal to him even once. Even less with her high and mighty attitude. And she was only number eight. Eight. Lower than his own number.

Her arrogance was laughable. But that was expected. The lower the rank, the more conceited someone gets to make themselves feel good.

Humans are all the same, he thought with an insulting smile. But this one right here might just show me something a little more entertaining.

The shining beacon of hope in Teyvat, the hero of countless legends from Mondstadt all the way to Inazuma... Lo and behold, a young man of brilliant golden hair and eyes.