74: The Final Prance Among The Stars

"You've done a lot of bad things for a revered woman of honor," Soleil tutted, "Tsk tsk. You need some spanking your daddy forgot to give you."

"Say that to me when you're in a position of power. Though I doubt you have it at the current time," Stella gestured a hand with subtle mockery.

"I'm honored you think my body is a vessel of power," Soleil said and dashed forward, "I just hope you know how to use it while you still have it!"

Ting!

Once again, metal clashed with ice. Slash and dash. Pounce then take cover. A dangerous dance accompanied by butterflies of ice and snakes of darkness synchronizes to a rapid rhythm of the slicing blade and the echoing footsteps that dodged and attacked.

Soleil side-stepped to avoid a sprouting pillar of ice and whirled about to avoid the spears trying to intercept her movements. She spun on one foot like a flexible dancer before raising her sword and slicing towards Stella's midriff.

A frozen tide blocked her attack, and Soleil's golden blade was stuck into the cases of hissing ice where cold smoke arose.

Stella made a crushing motion with her hand, and the sword was swallowed into the ice, buried with Soleil's hand partially inside as well.

Stella swished her hand downward, and and a glacial array of arching spears rained on Soleil speedily.

"Nu-uh," Soleil said and raised her free hand. A burst of violet light embroidered with poisonous black embers shot out and immediately morphed as a dome above Soleil.

The spears of ice halted as soon as it touched the dome, making Stella alert. The spears began vibrating violently before pointing at Stella.

Her eyes widened. Soleil made a faint smirk before flicking her free hand. Dark currents wrapped around the spears and shot for Stella while leaving trails.

Stella set up a large wall in time before the spears easily shot towards it and made a violent explosion. Out of the smoky explosion emerged Stella, who was tracing adeptal letters in the air rapidly while flying back mid-air.

Once she finished, she made a hand sign similar to what Shenhe makes. Various herons made of ice appeared behind her, and they let out shrill cries before diving towards Soleil.

But like the spears, the icy herons paused as soon as they touched the dome, and they would fly back to its creator with hostility. Stella made a horizontal slash with her fingers, and an invisible force cut the flock in half easily, making them disperse as wisps.

Soleil's trapped hand emitted darkness in the frozen depths of ice. Not a second later, it burst into shards, and she freed her hand and sword.

The two ladies in battle were surrounded by a torrential influx of Abyssal power and adeptal energy. Soleil was forced to look up when Stella remained in the air with pair of ghostly wings flapping behind her back.

She shielded her face from the long sideburns flapping against her cheeks due to the wind currents. Soleil was inwardly annoyed.

Seriously, Lumine. You managed to keep your hair short all these years but can't cut this long sideburns of yours? she complained inwardly.

Don't forget that it's my body you're using. Complain to me once you get back your body, which I would have no idea how would be stolen from you, Lumine snorted from the inactive part of her consciousness.

Tsk. You're lucky you look cute in them. Either you like them a lot, or you can't find any hairstylist willing to come down into the Abyss, Soleil thought with a snicker.