Chapter 2

The people we once knew as us.

Jisoo didn't arrive at the Golden Fox until well after midnight. She was planning on not going at all but Jinyoung had texted her that the place was everything he had imagined and she'd be stupid not to come. Curiosity got the best of her.

Her reluctance with going had nothing to do with the club but rather with the people who were attending it. They were assholes and snobs and she didn't need anyone's condescending or pitying looks.

But it would have been rude not to come after Suho invited her.

She quickly changed into something more presentable and left the comfort of her bed. She would say hi to Suho and leave, avoiding everyone else at all costs.

Jisoo knew she was in the right place when she rode up, the line inside going all the way down the block. The bouncers weren't letting anyone in and she wasn't sure if she would be an exception. One of the bouncers looked familiar and upon closer inspection she realized who it was. Unfortunately, he noticed her before she could shirk away.

"Jisoo, what's up baby?"

Chanyeol's smile was revolting, his eyes running over every curve on Jisoo's body. It never ceased to make her shudder in disgust.

"Please tell me this is a permanent job relocation."

"Nah, I'm just helping out Suho. I wouldn't want you missing me too much." He winked but Jisoo was too busy keeping down her vomit to notice it.

"The place is packed but I think I can find some space for you," he said, unhooking the velvet rope. "Just save a dance for me later."

Jisoo wouldn't have held a spot for him in a bathroom line let alone saved him a dance.

The first thing her eyes landed on when she got inside was the DJ booth. It wasn't the typical arrangement like she had seen in most clubs, where it was either in the back of the room, or somewhere off to the side. This booth was suspended on metal wires a few meters above the ground in the center of the dance floor.

"I bet you're rethinking about taking that job."

Jinyoung put a drink in her hand but she pushed it away. She took her bike to the club and planned to leave on it, sober.

"Have you seen Suho?"

"Yea, he's up in the VIP area. That place is banging, Soo. Go check it out."

Jisoo walked up the twisted steel steps to the upper level. It wasn't as crowded but the lighting made it horrible to see anyone. Two steps in Jisoo brought a hand up to her throat, feeling the gas of the smoke machine. Without water she'd start choking so she went to the small bar in the corner.

"Hi, can I get a water?"

The bartender gave her a capped bottle and she drank it until that scratchy feeling was gone.

"Jisoo?"

Jisoo looked to her right and downwards to the short girl next to her.

"Hi. Irene, right?"

"Yea, hi. Great club, huh?"

Leaning on the railing, Jisoo looked to the dance floor and back to the DJ again. The DJs turntables looked exquisite and Jisoo was itching to get a better view of them. Era's turntables were worn out and Jisoo didn't have enough money to buy a new set. If there was anything attractive about the club it wasn't the setting or the popularity, it was the DJ booth.

"I guess."

"We never got to thank you. Without your help we probably wouldn't have gotten in."