Chapter 22

That hateful kind of love.

"I don't understand how you deal with him at Era. An hour ago, I wanted to break a beer bottle over his head after he kept calling me an angel."

Jisoo covered her mouth to keep the water from spewing.

"Wait until he starts wiggling his eyebrows after everything he says, like it means something sexy," Jisoo said with a grim smile.

Lisa's mouth twisted into a similar smile. "Sounds awesome."

It was Jisoo's second night working at the Golden Fox and she had found a friend at the club. Lisa had been unapproachable at first but they soon found common ground in their mutual disgust of Chanyeol. Jisoo had worried Lisa would be an introverted person but she only reserved that persona for the people who annoyed or bothered her, and luckily, Jisoo didn't do any of that.

Jisoo had learned a lot about Lisa in the short time they knew each other. Lisa was taking a break from her studies to earn some money, hence her being the Golden Fox's bartender; she was single (Jisoo assumed it wasn't a lie when Lisa told Chanyeol, "No, I'm not dating anyone but the thought of dating you makes me want to slit my wrists"); she did her job with diligence and honor, even when people were unforgivably rude. She was also stunningly gorgeous, even in the same outfit night after night and all she did was pour drinks. People stared because she made beauty effortless and Jisoo could think of one other person who did the same.

*

"She's your type," Jisoo said, wiping down the body of her bike after having washed it.

"Thanks, but I think I can get a date on my own."

Rosé was trying not to stare every time Jisoo bent or turned or just moved really, but she had been deprived since they "broke up" and it wasn't her fault Jisoo's body still did crazy, uncontrollable things to her sex drive.

"I don't doubt that but shamelessly flirting with everyone isn't the same thing as dating." The topic was beginning to bore Rosé. She switched the attention onto Jisoo.

"I think you should be more concerned about your sex life than mine. I have a feeling you and Jennie don't have much of one."

Jisoo threw the rag onto the bike's seat and threw her hands up.

"How the hell do you see these things?! And don't tell me it's some deep psychological crap. You can't know that just by a person's face, I don't care how good you are."

"No, it's nothing psychological." Rosé advanced forward and Jisoo backed into her bike. Rosé's hands wandered up Jisoo's back and fingers pressed into her shoulder blades. It wasn't good that Rosé could still do this, that she could still paralyze Jisoo with one touch.

"You get tense right here and I only know of one way to get rid of it."

The hands dropped and Rosé took a step away from Jisoo, suddenly ashamed by the obvious discomfort she was causing the girl. She didn't want them to be stuck in some weird, awkward "the exes that were still friends" relationship. They were more than that.

Rosé rubbed her eye and defined them more safely as the patient and the treatment.

"Do you have any idea why she might be so reluctant?"

"We're taking it slow, Rosé. Not everyone has sex the moment they start dating."

"Yea, I know but she looks at you like—" Rosé thought for the right way to describe it, missing the light blush on Jisoo's face. "Like she wants to devour you whole but at the same time make sure she doesn't do anything to hurt you. It doesn't make sense that she's holding back so much."