Chapter 8

I don't have a choice but — I still choose you.

"Rosé, come on, get off. I need to start getting ready."

"Why, are you picking up Jennie again?"

Jisoo yanked at her hands to free them from Rosé but Rosé's looks were deceiving and she didn't budge.

"No, but I still start school at eight and you're going to make me late. Again."

"She's been going to Era a lot. Well she's been going whenever you're there."

"So? There are a lot of people who like the way I DJ. How do you know she's been going anyway?"

Rosé curved her back, simultaneously pushing herself lower onto Jisoo's waist. It was agonizing and Jisoo had to bite down on her tongue, hard, to keep herself from jumping Rosé.

"That bouncer, Chanyeol. He calls her your twin from another mother. He would also love to know if she's interested in having a threesome. Apparently he has a thing for twins."

"You ruined any possibility of sex with that comment, do you know that?"

"There was a possibility before?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes and gathered her strength for a surprise attack. She managed to flip them so that Rosé was underneath her.

"I need to go to school," Jisoo spoke slowly and clearly so that Rosé understood.

"A few months ago you would have never put up this kind of opposition. And strangely enough it wasn't until a few months ago that you started hanging out with Jennie."

Jisoo pulled out a shirt from her closet and put it on. She could feel Rosé watching her from the bed.

"This has nothing to do with Jennie. I just need to get to school."

"Need to get to school to see Jennie."

When Jisoo turned back to Rosé the girl was pouting. Jisoo knelt on the bed and leaned over to her.

"Please don't do that. I hate it when you do that."

Jisoo closed her eyes to the pout; it had a history of winning every argument between them and Jisoo could not lose this time.

"Fine, go to school. Learn something," Rosé said, kissing Jisoo once.

Jisoo grabbed some breakfast and was about to leave when there was a knock. She went to the door with her backpack on her shoulder hoping it was just mail or something. The man in the suit didn't look like any mailman Jisoo had ever seen, though.

"Can I speak to the head of the household?"

"That's me."

He looked at his clipboard and flipped a page. "You are Kim Jisoo, is that correct?"

"Yes. Who are you?"

"I'm Mr. Lim. I'm from your home insurance company. I need to ask you some questions." So much for getting to school on time.

They sat in the kitchen as Mr. Lim took out a folder from his briefcase. "It says here that you are seventeen, correct?"

"Yes."

He flipped through more pages and looked at Jisoo with sympathetic eyes. They looked sincere but it made Jisoo very anxious.

"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to sequester this property."

"Excuse me?" This must have been some cruel joke.

"My parents left me this house. It's mine."