First impressions (rewritten)

Venti POV

"Come on mom! Can't you just tell me their name at least?" I whined. "Venti calm down you'll find out soon enough." Mom groaned as she continued to tend to her work. Jean wasn't my biological mother but she might as well have been. She was the principal of my high school but that never made it easier for me if anything it made things harder shes always on me about grades and is the first to know when I'm slipping up. There was supposed to be a new student starting today. I didn't know their name or their gender or anything but I was super excited since I would get to show them around and make a potential new friend.

I waited a few more minutes in the office with Mom still pestering her about when the new student would get here. Finally I heard a knock on the door."Is that them?!" I asked. Mom sighed and got up from her desk. "Yes Venti. You can stop bothering me now." Mom said as she opened the door. I stood there practically bouncing up and down. "Welcome Xiao." Mom said. I stood up on my tip toes in an attempt to look over her shoulder and see who was outside my braids swinging in front of my face. I recognized the girl. Her name was Ganyu she was on the school council and a straight A student I always wondered if she worked really hard or she was just a natural. Her horns and blue hair were pretty easy to spot. Next to her was a boy with hair similar to mine just not braided. He had beautiful yellow eyes and a few piercings but definitely not as many as Xiyan does. "Hey your the new kid right? My name is Venti!" I said. I put out my hand for him to shake it but he just stood there. I slowly put my hand down with a bit of disappointment. The kid walked past me and went to talk to Mom. Ganyu came up to me and said. "I'm sorry I know he can be quite harsh at times but I assure you he is truly the kindest person I know." She had a very reassuring tone. She seemed like she knew what he was talking about so I went with it. "Oh it's fine I understand!" I said. "My name is Ganyu it's a pleasure to meet you!" She said. "I'm Venti it's nice to meet you as well!" She seemed like a lovely person. Eventually once the other kid had his schedule and everything he walked towards the door. "Hey wait up I'm supposed to show you around!" I said chasing after the boy. I had to admit he was kinda hot though he was pretty blunt and rude. Ganyu stayed inside the office with my mom. They were probably having a chat of some sort. " I don't need your help." He said. "Well can I at least know your name?" I asked. "Nah I'm good peter pan." He said giving me a shrug "HEY ITS VENTI NOT "PETER PAN"!" I blurted out. "Yeah sure." He said. This guy was really getting on my nerves. "Can you just stop I'm trying to help you!" I said. The guy turned back to face me. His carefree attitude from before was completely gone. He gave me a death glare and started walking towards me. Though he was only a few inches or so taller it felt like much more. He came over and grabbed my wrist to pull me closer to his face. "I told you I don't need your damn help. I don't care that your mommy is the principal or that she asked you to do this." He started going off slightly but after that I stopped paying attention. His grip started hurting my wrist as it got tighter and tighter. After another few seconds I broke eye contact and tried to pry his hand off. He started yelling at me. I felt enraged who the hell did this guy think he was? All I was trying to do was help him there was no reason for him to be acting like such an ass. I felt the grip on my hand loosen. I looked up at the boy. He looked like he felt bad. I could only see it for a second but he really truly did. I started to stare at his eyes for a moment they were stunning to look at. I got lost in them for a minute before quickly snapping back to reality. I immediately clapped back at him "Fuck you."  We stood there for a second or two as I slowly backed away and headed to find a place to cool down before class.