2

Yeah-yeah's POV

As I reached my front porch, my tears started to die down. Not because I'm not upset anymore, but because I don't want anyone else seeing me like this.

I walked inside my house, my head hung low. My mom was cleaning up the kitchen and my dad was watching tv on the couch. My sister was up in her room. She didn't say goodbye to Y/n, even though they were really good friends, she couldn't bring herself to say goodbye.

She didn't want her to leave.

Neither did I.

None of us did.

Y/n brought so much love and joy into our world's. And now she was gone.

.

I woke up, not wanting to do anything. Usually when i woke up, Y/n would be sitting on the floor, next to my bed, waiting for me to wake up so we could go do something. My mom would always let her in so she could do so.

This morning was different. She wasn't there. It hurt to think about it.

I wish she was still here..

She was my best friend. The person who understood me the most. The person who always managed to bring a smile onto my face. I thought we would be friends forever...

That was a stupid dream.

.

I got to Vincent's to see everyone but Benny.

"Where's Benny?" I asked Bertram, who I was standing beside.

"I don't know man" he responded.

We all sat down on something in the little alleyway and started talking. We talked about baseball, school, whatever came to mind.

I knew everyone wanted to talk about Y/n, but nobody did. She was on all of our minds, and I could tell.

A little later Benny came into the alleyway with another kid. Looked to be around our age, blonde-ish hair, green-ish eyes, not very tall, maybe a little shorter than me.

"Guys this is Scott Smalls, he's gonna play with us" Benny informed us all.

Benny then introduced us one by one, each of us spitting on the ground after he said our name.

.

We started walking to the sandlot. I trailed off behind some of the guys, Scotty trailing way behind me.

"Why'd you bring him, Benny?" One of the boys asked. "Because there's 8 of us and he makes 9" Benny replied, seeming to be annoyed. "Well you already fill up all the empty positions, since Y/n moved to Arizona." Timmy informed Benny.

His words repeated in my head.

"Since Y/n moved to Arizona."

I shook my head to get the words out. Scotty came up next to me. "You alright?" He asked, shyly. "Oh uh- yeah yeah I'm alright.." I knew I was lying, and I could tell Scotty knew as well.

"Do you miss someone?" Scotty asked, seeming to catch on. "What?" I avoided the question. "This 'Y/n' character, is she your girlfriend?" Scotty asked me. "What? Oh uh no she's not?" I told him. "Do you know her?" Scotty asked, apparently really wanting to break me. "Mhm" was all I said, then walked away to my position, as we had arrived at the sandlot.

I took my shortstop position and continued to think about Scotty's words.

"Do you miss someone?"

I did miss her...I wonder if she missed me too..