4

Yeah-yeah POV

I was sitting on my front porch, staring across the street at the house that used to be Y/n's, but was now Scotty's.

Scotty came out of his house and waved at me. I waved back and he started walking over to me.

When he reached me, he sat down next to me. "Benny said this 'Y/n' character was like your soulmate.." Scotty started.

"What's a soulmate?" Scotty asked me.

"It's a..well it's like a best friend but more." I told him.

"It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else." I continued.

"It's someone who makes you a better person-actually they don't make you a better person, you do that yourself..because they inspire you."

"A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever.."

"It's the one person who-who knew you..and accepted you and....believed in you before anyone else did..or when no one else would.."

"And no matter what happens you'll always love them.."

"Nothing can ever change that.."

"Do you feel that way about anyone?" Scotty asked me. Honestly I kind of forgot he was there. My mind was set on his question.

"I don't know..." I finally answered. "What about Y/n?" He asked. "A soulmate is more than a best friend...she's just my best friend.." I told him, quietly.

I don't know if I thought of her as more than a best friend. I've known her for so long, it's kind of hard to tell anymore. She's just always been by my side...

[Memory 1]

"Hi I'm Y/n" the girl told me. "I'm Alan, but you can call me Yeah-yeah" I responded to her. She was pretty.

[Memory 2]

"Guys this is my new friend,
Y/n" I told the boys. "She's gonna play baseball with us" I told them. "But she's a girl" Ham stated. "For your information, I played softball for 3 years so I have plenty of experience in baseball." Y/n told Ham. "But softball is for girls and it's different from baseball" Benny 'corrected' her. "Actually it's not. Both sports have the same rules, equipment, etc." She told him. "Your friend is smart" Kenny whispered to me.

[Memory 3]

"Good morning Yeah-yeah" Y/n said, almost as soon as I opened my eyes. "Why are you sitting on my floor at 6:30 in the morning?" I asked, tired. "Your mom let me in. I just asked if you could come to the sandlot." She stated.

"Yeah-yeah?"

"Yeah-yeah??"

"YEAH-YEAH!?!?"

"Huh!?"

"You ok?" Scotty asked. "Oh um yeah yeah I'm fine" I replied, standing up. I checked my watch. It read 9:15am. "Oh my God!" I yelled. "What?" Scotty asked. "We're late! We should've been at the sandlot 15 minutes ago!" I yelled and started running. Scotty ran after me.