chapter 27

Jisoo's POV

In just a blink of the eye, everything ends. His warmth, his smile, the promises, memories and the love that I thought will last, they all vanished in a flash.

My mind went blank, I feel so alone, suffocated, drained and lost, I don't know where to go, I don't know where to lean on.

I don't know what to feel, happy, sad, disappointment, hatred, everything inside my head is killing me but one thing was certain I don't feel any regrets.

Maybe because I was so done, I'm so tired.

Convincing myself that it's fine

Trying my best to hold on

Fighting for us

Crying....

Im just...done at everything, maybe the fate wasn't for us from the very start.

How I wish it was all a dream, but no. His face, the tears, the painful sobs that I've heard while I was walking away, the pleads, his shaky and desperate voice, the frustration and sadness... they're all fresh on my memories.

But even how badly I want to wipe those tears away, run back to feel his warmth again, even how much I want to comfort him, I can't.

I'm also a human too, who deserves a peaceful and freedom, a right to love myself, a right to be selfish without being judge.

I just chose the better and best for us

"Ma'am were here" a voice interupted my thoughts, I just simply wiped the tears away and turned to face the car's window, composing myself and even tried to hide the sadness and pain that my heart feels but the way my eyes looks like says the otherwise.

I tried to be tough, to stop the tears from falling that I thought I succeeded to prevent this time, but when I entered our family house, I guess I was so wrong.

"It's already late, Jisoo are still not home" my dad's voice heard, a chuckle escaped from the familiar man's voice.

"It's okay, Uncle she didn't know I was here so it will come as a surprise" the voice humbled "Maybe she's having a quality time with Taehyung" the man joyfully added

"I know our daughter is happy now because she have someone to lean on" my mom said

I covered my mouth to prevent the sobs, mom if you only knew. The happy and positive possibilities that they talk about me and Taehyung's life in the future was all loud and clear for me the way it wanted me to explode, because everything of that thought will not happen, I and Taehyung will reach that on our own separate ways.

They continue to happily talk, until I couldn't bare to hear all their dreams for me and him. I stepped back but accidentally hitted the vase behind me 'causing them to turn where the sound came from, to see me.

A certain man smiled widely when he sees me, the moment our eyes met, I thought I can be strong, I thought I could act normal but the tears betrayed me when they started to fall, soon the man's smile turns into a frown, his eyebrows creased.

My parent's eyes tells confusion and worries, when I run the distance between me and him, highing myself up as I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face on his shoulders, sobbing.

"Soo..." He called, startled but I sobbed as tears streamed like a fall.

"Eun Woo" I muttered, unable to say any words because of my heavy heart.