Chapter 9

I am in my room remembering my newly established friendship with Horikita which happened a hour ago. So it makes her my first friend huh...

I didn't do anything worth mentioning after I got to my room, I slept earlier than usual.

I wake up from my sleep in time to do my morning training and it took me 1 hour to complete. I then take a shower and prepare breakfast. After wearing my uniform and putting my phone in the pant pocket.
I walk to my class, there was nothing different from usual. In the class I see Horikita holding a book which seems to be a School material. She raise her head to me and greet me.

"Good morning Ayanokouji."

"Good morning Horikita." I said putting my bag in the chair. Chabashira-sensei then enters, but the first one to be the target of her eyes was me. Some students noticed this but didn't ask anything.
And by the way, I thought this class will return to how it used to be but looks like subject-1(Hirata) had done a good job as I  instructed him to do so in the weekend, I also told him to side with Horikita when ever she gets socially disadvantaged so she rises up to be the class leader because she is more capable than anyone in the class. That's what I told him anyway.

Classes end for lunch time, and Chabashira-sensei's anticipation was equal to that of the students. Group by group and one by one. I deliberately stayed up to the end.

"Chabashira-sensei can I talk to you?"

"Of course." She said with a slight smile on her face.
We then walk to an isolated place from the students.

"What is it Ayanokouji? Did you get the needed for your deal?"

"Yes." She looked suprised but she composed her self immediately.

"So sensei I want to pay for the deal I had proposed."

"Okay." She then explains to me how to make the payment and finally I finished everything.

"One more thing sensei, will you talk about my transaction with the school to other students?"

"I can do that."

"I prefer if you don't."

"Why? You obviously deserve all the credit."

"I don't want that, can you please keep this a secret?" She looked amused and closed her eyes.

"I promise to not tell any students."

"Thank you."

***************************************

After I ate lunch there was 15 minutes left for the lunch break. I who has nothing to do return to my classroom but no one was there except Horikita who was studying. I walk to her

"You are very diligent Horikita you study the lessons we learned today immediately." But she looked troubled as she was tapping her exercise book with her pencil multiple times. I took a peek at what troubled her and it was questions that contain concepts of instantaneous velocity and motion in different dimensions. This is what the physics teacher taught today and he gave us questions to do. I learned this 6 years ago. Horikita turned her head from her exercise book and faced me

"How much are you in academics Ayanokouji?".

"You can say I am average?" Well 100% is the average for me so it is not a full lie.

"Did you understand what the physics teacher explained? I need to ask him next time."

"I can show you if you want."

"Didn't you say your are average? How can you?" She said mockingly.

"Remember what I said before Horikita. Don't underestimate anybody." Is say that while solving the problem on her exercise book. She check out the my work on her ex book and mutter

"I didn't even think that."

"You are right Ayanokouji. I will keep that in mind."

"Good but don't forget not to underestimate yourself too."

"I will never do that. And can you explain to me how did you solve this question?"

"Sure." I explain to her the way to solve the question.

"Thank you Ayanokouji." Then the bell rings signaling the end of lunch break.

"You are welcome."

Students enter the class while taking with their friends. And not long after the class starts.

***************************************

Today's lessons end with the declaration of the teacher.

"Class dismissed. Tomorrow you are going to have swimming class so make preparations."
The class erupted. But the class is officially dismissed so there is no problem.
I walk out of the classroom leaving all my classmates behind. Horikita follows me and walk out of the classroom. She comes to my side and...

"Ayanokouji let's walk to the dormitories."

"Okay." Then a deep silence falls in our atmosphere.

"So, tell me about you Ayanokouji I don't know anything besides your name."

Now what should I say?

"Well I like to play chess and do calligraphy.

"You do calligraphy? I remember my brother doing that." She looked somber but recovers as I pat her back.

"Horikita. I know you look up to your brother but he is a human and not perfect. You have to find your own way." She fell silent and that continues untill we reach our dormitories.

"I want to show him...that I am capable enough....and make him proud."

"But the only way to do that is by making a radical change in yourself. I am serious Horikita, you must change to be a worthy person for his acknowledgement. Be ready and make your own way in life, you will face many challenges in the future so make your self flexible."

"........."

"Anyway see you tomorrow." I bid farewell and walk to room.

After I get there I lay down on my bed. I am bored again what to do? I notice that my necessities are has almost run out. So I change my clothes and out of my room.

After I bought all my necessities I walk back to my room.

"Huh? Isn't that the guy we saw on the ikemen list?"

"Yeah I think he was 2nd on the list."

"But he don't look like much."

"That's because of his hair."

So there are things like that. The girls then say goodbye to each other and a girl with pink hair different from Sakura's remain. We shared the same path me walking behind her.
And I see two of my classmates coming from the opposite direction of me. They were Ike and Yamamuchi. Then when they were going to pass the girl, Ike deliberately pushed the girl and she was going to fall to the ground and I saw Yamamuchi with excited face to the left of Ike. The instant she was going to fall I catch her and hold her in my arms. Her cheeks were red after this all happened and I free her from my embrace and she regained her balance.

"...sorry." Ike says and walks fastly while Yamamuchi was behind him doing the same thing.

"Thank you." She said softly.
I nod at her and start walking. She did the same as me and ended up to my side.

"Umm... What's your name?"

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

"Nice to meet you Ayanokoji-kun my name is Ichinose Honami. I am I class B."
Class B... interesting.
She was going to say something but I reached my room and she couldn't finish it and simple said "Oh, see you later." And left.

After I ate my dinner I go to sleep.

***************************************

I know this chapter is short with only a little juice but I hope you enjoyed it regardless.