Chapter 31

The first day of the exam passed. To an outside eye, it might seem like I didn't do anything constructive against Hiyori but that's not completely the case. Although it's a hypothesis, I saw something in her that I hadn't thought she have had when I first met her.
I must plan an experiment to test this out.
Based on the results of my experiment, what I saw could be a whim or the real nature of Hiyori.
'TzzzzzTzzz..." My phone rang while I was doing chores.

"Hello, Suzune."

It was Suzune.

"Hello.

I have an important thing to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I somewhat expected it but my strategy has failed."

Suzune's strategy. She proposed it the day after the announcement of the special exam. Simply put, it is a strategy to take advantage of the special exam's rules to asses the physical and academic abilities of class D. This will not only be helpful for this special exam but also for future special exams too.
It predominantly relys on the rule that students must answer the question given from their opponent; this is specially helpful for evaluating academic prowess.
Horikita had prepared a hierarchy of questions for each student of the class to ask their opponents, this way, she can asses the academic potential of class D based on which questions they answer correctly or incorrectly, But this might not work well for the physical part.

"All students of class D gave wrong answers. I know that it is impossible for that to happen, so, I think that Ryuuen had peered through my plan."

One of the ways to combat this strategy is by telling all your classmates to answer wrongly or just answer meaningless answers to such academic questions from their opponent, this way, you can protect your class's potential from being discovered, which is important for the current and future special exams.

"You are right. It would be better if you commence plan B now. If you have one that is."

I decided to leave this special exam to Suzune on the day of the announcement.
She told me her plan and I purposely didn't point out the holes of her plan nor did ask her if she has a backup plan.
So, naturally I don't know what she will do.

"Don't worry."

It seems she has something in store. Well, I don't care about the results of this special exam. I am just providing a room for Suzune to grow.

"I am rather interested. I hope it will not be disappointing."

I conveyed my expectations.
She was silent but moments after, I heard her sigh.

"....I am still a highschool student, you know that right? I may make mistakes. I need those mistakes to reflect on them. And it won't be alone in this fight, after all, I have 39 people to rely on."

Well, well, would you look at that? I didn't expect she would say that. The Horikita Suzune who had a pride longer than her hair......

"Well said."

I was going to continue with "but....", but I decided to do not.