Chapter 14

My relationship with Horikita has improved by a significant degree. We are now friends according her. I have done my morning routine and now I am sitting on my bed reading a message I got from the school yesterday.

_" Student Ayanokouji Kiyotaka as the chairman of ANHS wants to see to you are ordered to go to the chairman office after your tomorrow classes are over."

It seems the school was intrigued by my actions but the order came later than I expected. It had been almost 3 weeks since the announcement of the S-system. Only three days are left before the midterms and our class is doing better than ever. The unity of the class increased to a decent level, and I am more or less controlling confounding factors that could hinder the class growth. Now is the time to call my senpais. I call the senpai Higiraki Matsuyomi who is none other than the senpai I blackmailed on the first day of school.

"What do you want this time Ayanokouji?" He said with an annoyed tone.

"Don't worry it is pretty simple this time. Do you happen to have the midterm papers for a year ago?"

"Yeah I have them."

"Good, give me it to me."

"Is that all?" He sounded relieved

"Yes that is all I have for today. Send a clear photocopy of the papers."

"Alright."

I end the call and head to school. On my way there I saw the student council president with a girl. To my surprise he approached me.

" You are fairly late to school." There was no students around as this time is relatively late but still in time for classes to start, there are 7 minutes left.

" There are 7 minutes left, did you learn math in prison?" He was unshaken by my mockery but the girl with purple hair was visibly angry.

"Are on your right mind!? This person is the school's student council president. President this kohnai needs punishment!" He simply stared at me. I imitated a delinquent like act the whole time.

"You are the last one I could think to rise to class A." Horikita Manabu made his statement. The girl with purple hair looked like she was thinking about something but suddenly she become suprised

"...Wait a minute is this guy in class A?!"

"Yes, he is one of the students of the first year former class D." He replied calmly.

"How did they rise to class A? That doesn't make sense."

"That's what I am trying to find out. Tell me Ayanokouji is my sister really the one who did it?"

"I will tell you for the last time, Suzune was the one who lead the class to class A." There was a little change in his expression probably because I called Horikita with her first name.

"You seem to be close to my sister to call her that."

" Yeah she is my friend after all." I said and resumed walking to my class. I arrived barely on time for class as Chabashira-sensei walked just seconds after me. Horikita eyed me all the way to my seat, Sensei was also doing the same. My classmates were dumbfounded by the actions of those two.

Lunch time arrived and students start to disperse one by one and group by group. I call for Horikita who was going to lunch with her classmates. The students were dumbfounded because I called her Suzune but before they ask anything I signal Horikita to urgently follow me. We went to an empty hall.

"What is it Kiyotaka?"

" See for yourself." I then showed her my phone and she was shocked to see the last year's midterms.

"... How did you get this?"

"I tried to give you a hint before didn't I? I don't want you to ask me 'wh' questions." She wasn't as displeased as I expected her to be with my statement.

"So, what do you want me do do with this?"

"Give this to the class today as a test and after I mark the results I will tell you where you and other tutors need to tutor for each student."

"Okay. I will do that."

"And one more thing... I want you tell our classmates that we knew each other long time ago and we were friends." I said bluntly.

"What? I don't understand why you would want that."

"I am going to work closer to you than ever so I need an excuse for that."

"Will you reveal your self?"

"Not now. But things will become difficult from now on so you will probably need my assistance here and there." She was silent and we walked to our respective ways.
I reach the cafeteria and sit at the most isolated place available. I finished my lunch peacefully but I didn't fail to notice the eyes that were watching me... It seems I am being followed. I walk out of the cafeteria and walk to the place where I framed Sakura. I hid in the corner to see who was following me and the person soon revels... their self I should say. They was a boy and a girl. I then walk to an alternate exit and they lost my track.
They seem to be senpais but if I have to guess they are second year. Are they perhaps related to Higiraki? Or there someone else? I need to find that fast.

***************************************

Classes were dismissed. I have a lot of things to do today so i tried to get out of of class fast. But on my way to the door I heard an interesting talk.

"Are you sure he was following you?"

"Yeah. I told many times did'nt I?" It was Matsushita who answered.

"He looked like a second year." She said again.

"Come to think of it some senpais were following Sato and Karizawa too." Said Kushida who was the one asking questions.

Now this tells me that I wasn't the only one who was being followed. Second years huh.... Time to make a move.

I continued walking but my destination was different from usual I was headed to were the school summoned me. On my way to chairman sakayanagi's office teachers were eying me curious why a student is here Chabashira-sensei seems to know the reason. I knock the door and after seconds a man opened the door. He was in his 40's I guess and he reminded me of Sakayanagi of class A.

"Ah, Good afternoon Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. You arrived earlier than I expected."