09

Ningning's POV

"Are you okay now?" we're in a coffee shop, quietly sipping our coffee.

There are only a few people who are here so i could say that it was peaceful.

There was a comfortable silence until giselle asked me that.

"Yes. I'm feeling better now. Thank you for being there, Aeri"

"It's nothing really, I'm glad i helped"

There comes that silent again so she spoke.

"Do you wanna... talk about it?" her face turned serious but then panicked.

"It's perfectly fine if you're not comfortable on telling it!" she made a gesture.

Cute..

To stop her, i spoke.

It wouldn't hurt if i tell her

"I had a nightmare... it was about my suicide attempt 3 years ago..."

Her eyes widened but she didn't say anything.

-FLASHBACK-
Third Person's POV

2 weeks have past since the Ning Yizhuo had gone to school.

Her friend, Winter grew worried. Ningning isn't answering her calls and not even reading her messages.

Ningning just locked herself in her room. Not eating.

She believes that maybe, she will be slimmer if she didn't eat.

And maybe her parents will like her more.

Meanwhile the parents, never give a fuck about their daughter's whereabouts.

Everytime Winter go on their house to visit Ningning, they always push her away.

Saying that "She didn't want to talk to you anymore" or "Ningning isn't here"

But of course, Winter knew better than believing Ningning's toxic parents.

So she decided that she'll forcefully go inside Ningning's house to see what the hell is really going on.

She knows Ningning's parents schedule and where the spare key is because she often visit her.

She just wish that Ningning is still in there, breathing and perfectly fine.

-time skip-
Continuation of Ch 5

Winter rushed to Ningning and untied the rope.

Ningning is half conscious in Winter's arms.

Winter's tears started to fall. She wanted to know why... what urge her to do that?

"W-why are y-you here?" Ningning weakly asked between her coughs.

Winter suddenly felt anger bubbling up inside her "Why?! Why am i here?! Why did you d-do that huh?! You didn't come to school for 2 weeks and i- i'm worried about you, Ning! And when i visited you, the first thing i'll see is you trying to off yourself and now you're gonna ask me that?!" angry tears came rolling down of Winter's eyes but she didn't care.

Ningning just laughed at her, still coughing. "The f are you laughing, Ning Yizhuo?!" Winter glared at her friend.

-day skip-

After the incident, Winter helped Ningning run away from home.

Winter's parents gave money to Ningning so she can find a place to live.

They supported Ningning financially until Ningning graduates.

They never heard about Ningning's parents ever since.

Now that Ningning is working already, she refuses the money that Winter's parents were giving to her

She learned to be independent and now here she is.

Forgetting the past is a hard thing to do.

Ningning thought that she already forgot it.

But up until now, it still kept on hunting her.

She didn't really tried to forget it.

She just pushed it away.

She tried to distract herself with work so that she wouldn't be left alone with her thoughts.

It's hard to forget, but Ningning promised herself not to let the past ruin her future.

She'll get over it. Slowly.