☽ CHAPTER TWO ☽

Maybe I might be able to make more friends! The line of carriages at the castle door seemed endless, just how many people did my father invite? I did meet some other people that were around my age, though, they didn't seem very interested in me.

------------------------------------------------------

I sat on my throne, next to my father as people came up to talk to us. I imagined this party to be more, I dunno, fun? Then again I don't get that luxury, being a person of power.

The musicians began playing a soft tune and everyone started dancing. Someone came up to me and asked for the first dance, I refused. Turning to my father he smiled and held out his hand. I grabbed it firmly, mouthing a thank you and we made our way to the floor.

The dance wasn't that bad, though I was quite uncomfortable with all those eyes staring me down. The first dance had ended and I went back to my seat. Everyone was having a good time, I assumed. All the younger people were bunched in one group and I figured I might as well say hi.

I walked down to them. I don't think they noticed I was there.

"Hi!"

A small, blond child stared at me, pointing his finger.

"Who are you? You're kinda...weird."

Wow children are brutal. Some boys, I assumed were his brothers, quickly covered his mouth and walked away from me. Then I realized, I'm alone. I felt a tear run down my cheek, I should go.

I walked out of the room, I didn't really run, but I didn't take my time either. Once the doors of the room were out of sight I started running, running to a place I call my panic room.

------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER TWO

note: reader is not called princess i promise this book is for everyone