☾ CHAPTER THREE ☾

I'm probably overreacting but I just need to get away for a little while. Do I not have friends because of my status? Am I just a weird person? Am I that unlikable? I reached the doors of the room and I pushed them open. Walking to the phonograph I started up my favorite song. The sound filled the room, but not in a loud, harsh way. It was sorta like a warm and comforting fire, or that sensation when you smell freshly baked bread. I don't know how to describe it.

I walked to the middle of the room and looked around. Then I closed my eyes and bowed to nothing. Imagining someone with me, I danced around the room. Spinning around, holding the ghost of what I wished I had.

"OW SHI-"

I ran into the wall. I heard a snicker and looked around frantically, while rubbing my injury. My face completely red from embarrassment.

"WHOS THERE?!"

There was no answer so after a while I stood up and started dancing again. With my eyes open this time though. I stared at the floor, watching my feet. Then another pair of feet showed up next to mine. I felt a hand on my back and a hand intertwine their fingers with mine. I began to look up to see who it was.

"No, no close your eyes."

"Only if you hold my shoulder instead of my back."

I heard a sigh and they moved their hand to my shoulder. I placed my free hand on their back. Then i closed my eyes and raised my head. I led the dance and they, well, made sure I didn't run into the wall again. Jeez, that was embarrassing. This is fun.

"We should do this again."

"Ok."

I smiled. Did I just make a friend? We heard a shout from far away.

"TECH?! WHERE ARE YOUU?"

Their hand fell from my shoulder. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Uh, I gotta go."

"Oh bye, thanks for dancing with me!"

Their hand let go of mine and I opened my eyes to see a flash of pink hair. So they had pink hair, huh.

------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER THREE