☾ CHAPTER NINE ☾

I walked across the wall, it wasn't thin, thats for sure. After all it is supposed to protect us. As I reached the further bit I felt more, drained. the scenery before me was no longer cheerful and bright, but the sky was gray, along with everything else. What?

I looked behind me to see a sort of barrier. The inside was all sparkles and rainbows. It's like, we stole the world's color for ourselves.

A cloaked figure climbed up the wall effortlessly. I ran over to them, immediately gaining energy the moment I passed the barrier.

I took out the knife I brought with me, hiding it behind my back. They could be the person my father sent to investigate but I couldn't be too sure. The person drew their sword, pointing it at my throat.

"Who are you, why are you here." They said in a deep voice, which I could tell was obviously faked.

"Ok jeez put the sword down- Im just- exploring?"

They put their sword down and sighed. I'll let you go on one condition, or I'll, uh- slit your throat.

"Ok, what is it?"

"Dance with me."

What is with the strange requests today? Weirdos. I laughed and held my hand out. The person grabbed it and we started dancing. There was no music but it just felt natural. Then I felt a pressure on my foot.

"Did- Did you just step on my foot? No wonder you had to threaten someone to dance with you."

"Says the person who ran into the wall the first time we danced-"

Techno's hand flew to cover his mouth. What.

"Techno?"

"Who's Techno?" He said nervously.

I walked towards him, making him walk backwards. We crossed the barrier, the wind blowing my hood off. I stopped moving, he stopped moving. Then I rushed forward, yanking his hood off. His pink hair flowed in the wind.

"Have you come to say sorry?"

"I was sent to investigate people outside of the walls, but since you're here, yes. Im sorry for losing my temper and saying some terrible things to you. I shouldn't have forgotten, pr broken my promise. Will you please forgive me?"

"No."

------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER NINE