CH 39

Hello, here the chapter. One part of this chapter will be still linked with chapter 5. Let me know if all is clear now.

Hope you enjoy it! See U soon!

Chapter 39

*** Lena's narrative (voice-over) ***

In our darkest moments. When we see no light. No reason to fight. When we're ready to give up, a ray of hope might appear in front of our eyes. A reason to smile again. A reason to believe our world hasn't been destroyed yet. And for me, that ray of hope will always be...

"Kara? Kara, KARA!"

Is this real? Is she really here? It's a wicked game of her twisted mind? Alex yells to be careful, it might be a trap, it's too good to be true. It wouldn't be the first time they face a fake Supergirl, but looking at those blue eyes. Lena has no doubt, it's Kara, her Kara.

"KARA!"

Lena says, rushing to the arms of the hero. It's impressive how fast Lena's body moves, so fast that she even catches Supergirl off guard when she tackles her with a big hug.

 It's impressive how fast Lena's body moves, so fast that she even catches Supergirl off guard when she tackles her with a big hug

"Lena?"

"Tell me this is real. Tell me I'm not dreaming and you're really here... you're here, you're here..."

"I'm here... I'm here, Lena"

And, that's all the CEO needed to hear to burst into tears of happiness. Clinging into the dear hero like if her life was depending on it because it felt like that. Like she was alive again now that Kara was back. Contrary to Lena, Alex doesn't dare to approach, she questions her sanity, looking at the blonde like if she was seeing a ghost. Fear, confusion, sorrow, the blonde has no clue why her sister is looking at her like that and why Lena is hugging her with such despair.

"Can someone tell me what is going on here?"

"You don't remember, Kara?"

"Remember what?"

"That you were dead?"

"I... WHAT?!"

"What is the last thing you remember, Kara?"

"Well..."

*** Kara's narrative (voice-over) ***

When I was a child, my planet Krypton was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin Kal-EL but my pod got knocked off-course and by the time I got to Earth, he didn't need me anymore. I grew up with a lovely family, the Danvers. I hid my powers for a long time till an aircraft crash forced me to reveal myself to the world.

To most people, I'm a clumsy reporter at Catco, but in secret, I'm Supergirl. The girl of steel who traveled through time to get the girl of my dreams: Lena Luthor.